Information System (IS) Specialist
JOB VACANCY – INFORMATION SYSTEM (IS) SPECIALIST
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural disasters and exclusion from healthcare. MSF offers assistance to people based on need, irrespective of race, religion, gender or political affiliation. MSF is therefore guided by the principles of neutrality and impartiality. These principles must apply to all MSF staff.
Title: INFORMATION SYSTEM (IS) SPECIALIST
Direct Reports: LOGISTICS COORDINATOR
Location: Dar es Salaam
Planning, coordinating and ensuring the autonomous implementation, maintenance, follow-up and monitoring of all IT and Telecom equipment, tools and services, as well as ensuring onsite technical support and training of users and Logistic experts in the mission, in accordance with MSF standards, policies and protocols, in order to guarantee the efficient use of all IT and Telecom services and infrastructure. Providing an appropriate high-level technical support to his/her Logistics Coordinator
Minimum Educational Qualification: Essential university or technical school diploma. Certification in Network or Server Administration would be an asset
- Preferably 5 years of proven experience in IT or technical functions
- Experience of working in MSF or any other international NGO in humanitarian projects is a strong asset.
- Languages: Preferably B1-B2 English and French will be an asset
- Results and Quality Orientation L2
- Teamwork and Cooperation L2
- Behavioural Flexibility L2
- Commitment to MSF Principles L2
- Stress Management L3
- Expertise in latest version of Microsoft Operating System and business applications (Office365)
- Understanding of Server Management (latest version of Microsoft Operating System, Active directory) and virtualization (Hyper-V)
- Good knowledge in Network Administration (LAN, VLAN, network policies and protocols)
- Good knowledge of computer’s hardware and maintenance process, IT security best practices and IT service management tools (ITSM)
- Understanding of radio telecommunication concept (HF, VHF, GSM, satellite)
- Teaching and supporting skills
- Monitoring, maintaining and following up on all Information Technology (IT) and Telecom equipment, tools and services in the mission, in accordance with MSF standards, policies, protocols and procedures, as well as actual and future needs;
- Adapting and ensuring compliance of general IT and Telecom policies, guidelines, and documents in order to meet mission’s specific needs, as well as ensuring their implementation to enable the development of the mission in perfect working conditions upon validation from the Logistics Coordinator;
- Preparing and collaborating in the establishment of the annual budget of the IT and Telecom families. Providing his/her technical expertise in the local purchase process. Preparing all technical content related to national tenders for IT and Telecom deployment and participating in the selection;
- Supervising, implementing and improving data security protocols (data saving, firewall, user access right, backup, equipment and software security, etc.) to ensure data security, availability, and immediate operational recovery and continuity in case of emergency
- Providing technical support and presenting MSF standards, policies, protocols and procedures to all users. Providing advanced technical support to logistics experts dealing with IT and Telecom systems. When needed, liaise with HQ Technical Referent(s) for 2nd line support, as well as with external providers, to ensure any incidents or problems that cannot be solved at the mission level are appropriately escalated;
- Providing advanced educational support (briefing, training and support, etc.) to logistics experts dealing with IT and Telecom systems;
- Providing educational support (briefing, training and support, etc.) to all users in the Mission.
- Following up, participating in regular reports at coordination level in accordance with MSF guidelines and reporting on the work’s progress and on all IT and Telecom technical aspects of the work. Updating and archiving all user and ICT related documentation due to changes in the IT and Telecom infrastructures;
- Planning, preparing and reporting the visits to the site(s) under his/her responsibility to ensure the preceding points;
- Performing any other tasks specific to his/her area of specialty, as defined in his/her job description and according to the line manager.
All interested candidates shall submit their motivation letter, CV and copy of relevant professional certificates not later than Monday 26th April 2021 at 4.00 pm. Please quote the job title on the email subject “INFORMATION SYSTEM SPECIALIST” and send to email address
MSFCH-Tanzania-Recruitment@geneva.msf.org only applications sent via email are accepted.
Only short-listed candidates will be invited for the interview.