Management and Development for Health (MDH) is a non-profit, non-governmental organization whose primary aim is to contribute to address public health priorities of the people of Tanzania and the world at large. These priorities include: communicable diseases such as HIV/AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria; Reproductive, Maternal, New-born and Child health (RMNCH); Nutrition; Non-Communicable Diseases of public health significance; as well as Health System Strengthening. MDH strongly believes in and works in partnership with various local and global institutions, Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children (MOHCDGEC); President’s Office Regional Authorities and Local Government (PORALG); donor agencies; academic and non-academic institutions; implementing partners; civil society, community-based and faith-based organizations and others
In this regard MDH now invites applications from suitable, qualified and skilled persons to fill the following available vacancies.
Position Title: CTC-2/3 Officer – 1 post
Project: Data for Health (D4H)
Location: Dar es Salaam
Reports to: Hospital Management Systems Project Lead
The CTC-2/3 Officer will work to facilitate smooth running of CTC-2 database in PEPFAR supported facilities and CTC-3 national data warehouse.He/she will work to support clinical Implementing Partners (IPs) to troubleshoot CTC-2 issues for continuity of services. He/She will collect user feedback and communicate them to system development team. He/She will ensure 99.9% uptime of CTC-3 Macro and optimal file upload, processing, and dashboard functionality.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Facilitate smooth running of CTC-2 database at all facilities by liaising with implementing partners on day-to-day basis.
- On daily basis, review the online CTC-2/3 helpdesk issues and requests, then troubleshoot problems, provide answers, and give assistance to end users.
- Communicate complex database issues to system developers, and follow up resolutions and user feedback.
- Work with IPs, develop data submission schedules for all PEPFAR supported facilities across the country and assist IPs to track their sites data submissions, exchange issues and quality.
- On daily basis, track facility data uploads to CTC-3 Macro and prepare the submission status report at the end of the week.
- Identify facilities with infrastructure and technical problems and work with IPs to resolve them to allow data submission to CTC-3.
- Perform weekly explorative data analysis to identify unusual trends in submitted data and inform respective facilities accordingly for appropriate remediation.
- Maintain CTC-3 dashboard in line with NACP and PEPFAR needs.
- Facilitate availability of analytical files from CTC-3 Macro to enable quarterly monthly and quarterly data analysis meetings.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
Required Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent qualifications from a recognized institution, in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology, Statistics, or related field.
- A minimum of 5 years’ work experience, particularly in HIV/AIDS data management.
- Strong command of SQL and SQL server tools.
- Extensive experience with database technologies (MySQL, MS SQL, PostgreSQL Oracle).
- Advanced database security, backup and recovery, and performance monitoring standards skills.
- Understanding of relational and dimensional data modeling.
- Strong mathematical and statistical knowledge.
- Proven experience in leading teams, planning, and communicating effectively.
- Fluent in written and spoken English and Swahili.
Preferred Qualification, Skills and Experience:
- Demonstrated excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Working knowledge and experience with CTC-2 database and CTC-3 Macro.
- Experience with managing a technology-related helpdesk.
- Experience managing and analyzing health or population-based data.
- Knowledge and experience of analyzing HIV-related health data.
Interested candidates should submit an application letter indicating clearly the position applied for, a detailed copy of their CV, and names and contact information (email addresses and telephone numbers) of three work related referees.
Applications should be submitted by 19th April 2021, to the Director of Human Resource through e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. Kindly note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Please note MDH don’t have any recruitment agents and don’t charge any fees to the interested candidates