Finance and Administration Director
Location: Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Position Category: Local hire, paid in country
John Snow, Incorporated (JSI) is a Boston-based public health consulting firm dedicated to providing high quality technical and managerial assistance to public health programs throughout the world. JSI works extensively with national and local governments, NGOs, the private sector, and traditional leaders to expand access to services for vulnerable populations. JSI is committed to improving the health of underserved populations through innovative approaches in a range of public health areas, including reproductive, maternal, neonatal and child health, nutrition, infectious diseases, water and sanitation, technical and organizational capacity building, supply chain strengthening, strategic information management, health systems management, and policy development.
JSI is currently recruiting for a cooperating country national Finance and Administration Director for a possible position with the USAID-funded Tanzania Comprehensive Client-Centered Health Program For Reproductive, Maternal, Newborn, Child And Adolescent Health (C3HP- RMNCAH) Activity. The purpose of the project will be to increase the demand for and use of quality integrated RMNCAH services in target regions, particularly women of reproductive age, youth and children, by improving access to quality RMNCAH services in both facilities and the surrounding communities, promoting positive health-seeking behaviors among Tanzania’s population, and enhancing the overall policy environment for RMNCAH service delivery. Should JSI be the successful bidder, this will be a full-time position based in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania. The Finance and Administration Director will oversee all project finance and administration related duties. The anticipated award date is open. The Finance and Administration Director will report to the Chief of Party.
- Collaborate with the Chief of Party and other key personnel to ensure coherence between programmatic activities and financial provisions;
- Oversee all operational activities including procurement, grants, logistics, human resources, accounting, finance and records;
- Supervise all administrative and financial staff;
- Manage, monitor, and update program budget and obligated funds; Direct the preparation and negotiation of project budgets, reports and modifications, and coordinate with JSI/Boston as appropriate;
- Assist COP in addressing cooperative agreement-related issues and ensure all financial controls and systems comply with USAID procedures and regulations in implementation of all program activities; and
- Implement fraud mitigation practices and ensure systems and processes are implemented effectively to support implementation of the award.
- Master’s degree or higher in Accounting, Business Administration or related field;
- A minimum of 8 years of experience managing, in increasing roles of responsibility, finance, procurement, contracts management, logistics and/or human resources related matters for international development activities of similar dollar value;
- Ten years work experience in financial management in Tanzania;
- Demonstrated supervisory experience;
- Familiarity with USAID financial reporting and compliance requirements; and
- Experience in managing donor funded procurements and subcontracts/grants.
- Salary commensurate with experience.
The deadline for submitting the application is 30 April 2021