Commercial Manager – Water and Sanitation
The Energy and Water Utilities Regulatory Authority (EWURA) is an independent, world class regulatory authority responsible for licensing, tariff regulation and quality of service regulation of the electricity, water, petroleum and Natural gas sectors. EWURA has the following vacancies for which suitably qualified Tanzanians are invited to apply.
WATER AND SANITATION DIVISION
Post Title : Commercial Manager – Water and Sanitation
Duty Station : EWURA Head Office – Dodoma
Reports to : Director of Water and Sanitation
Commercial Manager – Water and Sanitation will be responsible for ensuring optimal provision of economic inputs in regulating water and sanitation.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To provide support in overseeing effective and efficient application of provisions of the Water Supply and Sanitation Act in order to ensure commercial aspects of the water and sanitation sector are in conformity with provision of the Act and good industry practices.
- To provide support in ensuring optimal provision of economic inputs to regulating and controlling the distribution and sale of water.
- To regularly monitor market’s demand-supply dynamics of water and sanitation services and keep track of prices of water in national and international markets.
- To provide support in reviewing, issuing, renewing and revoking licenses for water supply and sanitation services as per the Act and accepted standards.
- To develop effective business models for improving quality of service in delivery of water and sanitation services.
- To provide support in reviewing, for updating, and advice on the entire water and sanitation licensing process, including licence application, licence fees, rules and terms and conditions of licenses for supply of water and sanitation services to consumers
- To provide support in reviewing and advising on business plans, tariffs and prices of water and sanitation services.
- To assist in conducting studies necessary for administrative and management purposes.
- To provide support in monitoring and measuring licensees’ performance and compliance with the Act.
- To undertake any related other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
Minimum Academic Qualifications and Experience
- The ideal candidate for this position should have the following qualifications and experience.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering (Environmental, Civil and Water Resources or Municipal and Industrial Services) from a recognized University.
- Possession of Master’s degree qualifications in the relevant fields or others such as Business Administration or Finance.
- Must be registered by the Engineers Registration Board as a Professional Engineer
- Knowledge and Competence in Information and Communications
- Technology (ICT) application
- Possession of at least seven (7) years’ work experience in relevant fields out of which three (3) should be in a senior position
- Knowledge and familiarity on sector regulation will be an added advantage
In addition to the above skills and qualifications, applicants for the above positions are required to have the following attributes:
- A very high level of integrity, honesty and sense of responsibility;
- Ability to work under pressure and produce expected results;
- Ability to work in a dynamic team;
- Ability to self-manage, achieve results and meet deadlines; and
- Willingness to work beyond the call of duty.
Tenure and Remuneration
- A competitive salary will be offered to the right candidates for the posts.
- EWURA is an equal opportunity employer.
- Staff will be employed on permanent and pensionable terms.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Application letter with Curriculum Vitae (CV) including e-mail address or day time contact telephone number, together with photocopies of certificates, one passport size photo and names and contacts of three referees should be addressed to reach the under-mentioned by 28th April, 2021.
Only short listed candidate meeting the above criteria will be invited for interview. Lobbying and canvassing for employment will not be entertained and may work to the candidate’s disadvantage.
Application letter should be addressed to:
The Director General,
Energy and Water Utilities Regulatory Authority (EWURA),
EWURA House, Plot No 3, Block AD, Medeli West,
P O Box 2857,
The deadline for submitting the application is 28 April 2021