Logistics Officer -Traffic Control
Provide support for the logistics function by managing loading activities (on-loading and trans-loading) at assigned depot to ensure overall orderliness and efficiency of depot operations
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervise traffic control officers at the gate.
- Receiving reports from traffic controllers and sending them to the senior traffic control.
- Management of all traffic movements.
- To advise and suggest solutions to the problems and challenges arising from day-to-day traffic controlling activities.
- To ensure that all documents collected by drivers from logistic office are accurate and valid.
- To coordinate both incoming and outgoing truck within the plant premises.
- Perform any other duties assigned by the Head of Transport.
- Education and Work Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent in any related field
- Minimum of two (2) years’ experience in logistics management
Skills and Behaviours
- Good understanding of trends, challenges, opportunities, regulations and legislations relating to the cement manufacturing industry.
- Sound knowledge of DCP’s product and service offerings.
- Working knowledge of inventory management terminologies, methodologies and approach
- Basic knowledge of system-based inventory management systems
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Attention to detail and quality
- Willingness to learn, improve and adapt to changing requirements
- Working knowledge of relevant supporting tools and technologies such as MS Excel, Project Management applications, etc.
- Personal Health Insurance
- Pay Off Time
- Training and Development