Vault custodian 1
Bring your possibility to life! Define your career with us
With over 100 years of rich history and strongly positioned as a local bank with regional and international expertise, a career with our family offers the opportunity to be part of this exciting growth journey, to reset our future and shape our destiny as a proudly African group.
To coordinate, plan & deliver day-to-day team tasks & activities for CDC in order to execute operational services accurately & timeously in support of org. policy compliance through the execution of predefined objectives as per agreed SOPs.
- Manage ATMs /cash Centre operations
- Main accountabilities and approximate time split
- Sort cash for the ATM to ensure that it is clean cash e.g. straightening the notes etc. Repatriate any unusable cash to the cash supplier.
- Call the external maintenance company for mechanical failure and administration with minimum disruption to ATM uptime.
- Reconcile ATM cash daily. Independently per ATM
- Immediately escalate all required ATM issues directly to the Head of Cash Centre
- Reconcile cash accounts
- Count cash in details ready repatriation to BOT
- Collection /Repatriation of Cash to BOT
- Issue Credit Cards
- Issue Managers Cheque to Branches (Bulk)
- Issue Debit Cards to Branches (Bulk)
- Attend Branch request on cash
Risk and Controls Objectives
- Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Absa Operational Risk Framework and internal Absa Policies and Standards
- Manage risk and control effectively by applying applicable risk frameworks and embedding a positive risk culture
- Understanding of own role in the end to end processes in which you play a part, including applicable risks and controls.
- Adhere to Absa’s policies and procedures applicable to own role, demonstrating sound judgement and responsible risk management.
- Report all risk events / incidents / issues using the defined process for your business area and help to understand why these happened and how to prevent them in future.
- Proactively look for ways to improve the control environment by considering what could go wrong in the processes you operate and how errors could be prevented.
- Continuous and proactive engagement with regulatory bodies, unions where applicable
- All mandatory training completed to deadline
Technical skills / Competencies
- Strong numeracy skills
- Excellent attention to detail
Knowledge, Expertise and Experience
Relating to specialist knowledge and expertise required to undertake the role. May include knowledge of the Bank’s products, services and policies)
- Detailed knowledge of the banks processes and rigour requirements related to cash
- Cash handling knowledge
- Systems knowledge
Cash management and banks knowledge
Experience & qualification
- Proven track record in dealing with physical cash
TRAINING REQUIREMENTS SPECIFIC TO THE ROLE
- Cashier training
- Telephone skills
- PD team member training
- Discipline and Grievance
- Know Your Customer/Suspicious Transaction Monitoring/Anti-Money Laundering
- Fraud Prevention/Awareness
- Operational awareness
- ATM training
Absa’s Values and Behaviors represent the set of standards which governs the actions of all of us who work for the bank and against which the performance of every one of us in Absa are being assessed and rewarded:
- I drive high performance to achieve sustainable results
- I’m obsessed with customer
- I have an African heartbeat
- I believe our people are our strengths
- Agreed by Current Job Holder
Agreed by Functional Head
Co-signed by People Function
Further Education and Training Certificate (FETC): Business, Commerce and Management Studies (Required)