DeepMind Scholarships at Makerere University – 2021
All African students who meet all of the eligibility and requirements mentioned below are eligible to apply for the DeepMind Scholarships – 2021 Entry.
Beginning in the academic year 2021/2022, DeepMind will make a donation to Makerere University to finance the establishment of four Machine Learning scholarships.
The scholarships will help students who want to pursue a master’s degree in computer science.
Scholarship applicants should meet the following criteria:
- MSc in Computer Science (Track: Artificial Intelligence and Data Science).
- Students must first secure admission to the MSc Computer Science programme at Makerere University before applying for the scholarship.
- The scholarships are open to students who are citizens of Uganda, other East African countries, or International students from a Sub-Saharan African country.
MAKERERE UNIVERSITY DEEPMIND SCHOLARSHIPS APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
To apply for the DeepMind scholarship, you must hold admission to the MSc Computer Science programme of Makerere University. Therefore you must have applied for admission before applying for the scholarship.
To apply for the scholarship please complete the online application form . The deadline for submitting a scholarship application is June 30, 2021 11:00PM (East African Time). You will be required to provide proof of admission or application.
DeepMind Scholarships at Makerere University – 2021, makerere university online application 2021
Application Deadline and Dates
Application Deadline: The closing date is May 28th, 2021.
Late submission will not be accepted.
Step 1: Accessing the Application Portal
Access The online application link by clicking here: https://admissions.mak.ac.ug/ . Ensure that the page is secure before you continue.
NOTE: There might be other websites masquerading as the application portal. Only access the link advertisedby the university
Step 2: Signup
– Signup by clicking the orange signup button at the bottom of the page. If you cannot see the button, your browser could be having a zoom in setting. Zoom out holding down the “CTRL” button and pressing “+” button on PC and “CMD” and “+” on Mac
– A password (six-digit number) will be sent to Your mobile number and your email address.
NOTE: Sometimes depending your Mobile Telecom service provider, the message may delay or not be delivered. In this case, don’t panic, simply check your email. The same information is sent to your email as well.
– Login using this password and your email address or your mobile number by selecting the “login with Tel No” option
– After Logging in, you will be prompted to change the password to the one you can remember. Password should have at least a length of six Characters
– The system will take you back to the login prompt to now login with your new password
Step 3 Filling a Form
After Logging in, click on the “APPLY NOW” Button to view the advertised Schemes. Read the instructions carefully of each of the scheme you want to apply for
Fill in the application form accordingly. To submit there is minimum information that must be captured. If you don’t have this information ready, simply save the form and return later to complete it when you have all the information required to submit the application form
Once the form is completely filled and submitted the following actions can be done
Important to note:
- You will need a valid email address before you can use the online application portal. Create an email account if you don’t have one.
- Please have scanned copies of your passport size photo, birth certificate, O and A Level pass slips and previous school ID and academic transcripts where necessary before you start filling your application
- Once you pay the application fees, please login again to confirm that the application status has changed from ‘Application Submitted’ to ‘Application Completed’. If otherwise, please contact the Academic Registrar’s Department, Office 612, Senate building or email@example.com.
- Do not share your application portal login details with anyone.
- Make sure you logout and close browser window after filling application form.
How to Create an Email Address
- Access a browser on an internet enabled computer.
- Choose an email provider of your choice by going to one of the following URLs – Yahoo (https://www.yahoo.com), Gmail (https://www.gmail.com), Hotmail (https://www.hotmail.com) or any other provider of your choice
- Click on create new account/signup button
- Enter all the mandatory fields normally marked by a star (*)
- Type in your username (Make sure it’s relevant to your purpose)
- Choose a secure and easy to remember password (Secure passwords typically have numbers, special characters, uppercase and lowercase alphabets)
- Select your security question and answer. This will allow you to reset your password in case you forget it.
- Verify your registration by typing the text you see in the captcha, if applicable.
- Save to create your email account.
- Login to your email account to confirm.
- Please keep track of this email id and password as relevant information from the University system will be sent only to this email ID.