Position: Nurse – Volunteers (3 posts)
Reports to: Project Leader/Supervisor
Work station: Bagamoyo
Apply by: April 23rd 2021
Ifakara Health Institute (IHI) is a leading research organization in Africa with a strong track record in developing, testing and validating innovations for health. Driven by a core strategic mandate for research, training and services, the Institute’s work now spans a wide spectrum, covering biomedical and ecological sciences, intervention studies, health-systems research and policy translation.
IHI is looking for Nurses to Volunteer in a phase III randomised controlled multi- centre trial to evaluate the efficacy of the R21/ Matrix-M vaccine in African children against clinical Malaria (VAC 078). They will be required to provide clinical care, medications and perform patient assessments during clinic visits and ward observation to determine presence of adverse events and make follow ups of study participants. The nurses also will attend community sensitisation meetings and will be required to work in a professional and ethical manner in line with strategic objectives of IHI, and the public health needs.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in the recruitment and follow up of study participant and provision of clinical.
- Care to study participants as specified by study protocol and applicable Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Ensures compliance with each study’s protocol by providing thorough review and
- Documentation of each participant who visit study.
- Performs medical procedures, including, but not limited to, vital signs, blood collection and anthropometric measurements.
- Administers investigational medications and performs patient assessments during clinic visits and ward observation to determine presence of adverse events; notifies Principal Investigator/Study physicians of findings/issues.
- Provides counselling, health education and medical information to study participant to ensure understanding of scheduled follow up, proper medication dosage, administration, and disease treatment.
- Documents medical data in patient chart to capture protocol requirements.
- Work as part of medical team by provide Standard Medical Care.
- Communicate with other study staff regularly at scheduled meeting and actively.
- Ensure the study is done according to the ICH Guidelines and Good Clinical Practice GCP).
- Support maintenance of study documents and planning of study schedules.
- Adhere to strict ethical and confidential standard.
- Prepare wards and sample room for participants follow up visits.
Qualification and Experience
- Diploma in Nursing registered level.
- Five (5) years of working experience.
Skills and Competencies
- Hard worker.
- Good communication skills writing, oral and presentation skills.
- Time management skills to establish priorities and planning the project timelines.
- Leadership and management skills to conduct meetings and conflict resolution skills (effective decision making).
- Adhere to IHI core values (Transparency, Accountability, Respect, Integrity and Initiative).
An attractive and competitive volunteer package will be offered to successful candidates.
IHI is an equal opportunity employer. We prohibit intentional biases or discrimination and harassment of any kind at the work place and during recruitment. All employment decisions are based solely on job requirements and individual qualifications, and our recruitment process is governed by the labour laws of Tanzania.
Mode of Application
All candidates who meet the above job requirements should send their application letters together with their detailed curriculum vitae (CVs) showing contact addresses including email, telephone/cell phone numbers and copies of academic and professional certificates to the email address below.
The deadline for this application is 17:00hrs on Friday April 23rd 2021. All e-mail application subject lines should include: Nurse – Volunteer – Clinical Trials Facility.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interview.
Human Resources Manager
IFAKARA HEALTH INSTITUTE
Ifakara Street – Mikocheni
Dar es Salaam
The deadline for submitting the application is 23 April 2021