Host entity UNICEF
Country United Republic of Tanzania
Duty station Dar es Salaam (TZALanguage skills English
Start date Immediate
Duration 12 months with possibility of extension
Minimum age: 25 years old. Nationals of the country of assignment are not eligible, except the assignments in Headquarters duty stations.
Description of task
Under the direct supervision of the Administrative Officer the UN Volunteer will undertake the following tasks:
- Support management of a team of drivers and a mechanic to offer quality transport services
- Prepare preventive flet maintenance schedule and ensure adherence
- Ensure that all UNICEF vehicles are maintained and serviced on time according to the service schedule
- Assist in the selction and appraisal of the transport service providers and make recommendations
- Liaise with outsourced service providers. Garages and car rentals for quality check of their services
- Completes quality check to make sure that all vehicles under services are supplied with genuine spare parts
- Ensure annual fleet insurance renewal and registration of new vehicles
- Prepares driver duty roaster and assignments
- Support driver training to update and build team capacity
- Provides monthly analytical reports on transport services and supplies
- Liaise with procurement for purchase of high quality vehicles and spares
- Maintains vehicle disposal and replacement plan
- Ensures timely payment of transport related invoices
- Provides periodic updates to management of fleet status
Required degree level: Bachelor degree or equivalent
Education – Additional Comments:
- Transport and Logistics Management
Required experience: 60 Months
- Experience in Transport Management, supervisory of staff and vehicle maintenance management
- Experience in use of fleet management technology to extract reports and monitor fleet movements and safety
- Contract management
- Relevant working experience in developing country is an added advantage
- English(Mandatory), Level – Working Knowledge
Area of expertise: Road and rail transport, transport planning and management, Vehicle and fleet operation and maintenance, Other transport related experience
Driving license: Yes
Accountability, Adaptability and Flexibility, Building Trust, Commitment and Motivation, Commitment to Continuous Learning, Communication, Creativity, Ethics and Values, Integrity, Knowledge Sharing, Managing Performance, Planning and Organizing, Professionalism, Respect for Diversity, Self-Management, Technological Awareness, Vision, Working in Teams
* Not yet registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first register your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/signup. Important: After creating your account, complete all sections
of your profile and submit it. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink.
Lastly, select the special call to which you would like to apply.
* Already registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first update your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/profile. Then go to ‘My Page’ at
https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink to select the special call to which you would like to apply.
Volunteer opportunity PDF
Application deadline: 24th March, 2021.