Digby Wells Environmental, a service provider to the resources industry, is looking for a candidate for the above position in our Dar es Salaam office.
We are looking for a dynamic Environmental Consultant to join our team. The perfect candidate will be an organised and detailed person who is able to project manage and carry out administration on environmental projects in accordance with budget, time and quality standards. You must want to learn and be part of a great team of scientists.
• Effectively project manage and administrate the environmental legislative processes applicable to the country for clients and maintaining an awareness of how legislation impacts projects.
• Effectively project manage and administrate the following:
• Environmental Impact Assessments (EIAs) according to the environmental legislation.
• Waste Permitting.
• Environmental authorization processes.
• EIA and EMP report writing.
• Mining Applications.
• Working in close collaboration with specialists from other disciplines.
• Liaising with clients and authorities.
• Compile and write reports for submission to the client and necessary authorities.
• Carry out legal audits with regards to relevant legislation.
• Assist with the administration in terms of public participation meetings, consultations and stakeholder engagement projects. Qualification
• A degree in Environmental Science/ Management.
• A Project Management certification would be advantageous.
• Must be certified by the National Environmental Management Council of Tanzania.
• Demonstrable experience in Social Impact Assessments, Resettlement Planning or related field.