Human Resource Manager
Tanzania Private Sector Foundation (TPSF) is an apex and focal private sector members based organization, which seeks to promote effective engagement with government and other stakeholders in developing policy and conducive environment for doing business and developing the country. TPSF therefore commands significant influence and credibility both locally and internationally. It boasts a unique position as the government’s partner, which makes her a key player in policy formulation, public private partnership (PPP implementation), coordination of high-level public-private dialogue (PPD’s) platforms and National Budget. TPSF has thus stood tall and bold on many advocacy issues of national and sectoral importance.
POSITION: HUMAN Resource MANAGER
STAFF JOB DESCRIPTION
REPORTING TO EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
Develop, implement and sustain processes, systems and structures that will foster Human Capital Development and sustainability within TPSF.
Qualifications and key competencies
Suitable candidates should hold the following qualifications and key competencies: –
- A Master’s degree in Human Resources Management, Labour Law, Business Administration, Psychology or related fields; (or equivalent qualifications)
- Minimum of 10 years of work experience in Human Resources Management and/or Development;
- Experience or exposure to development partners is desirable; (and or NGO).
- Experience with the implementation of performance appraisal systems;
- Strong analytical skills, including legal analysis;
- Ability to work in a multicultural context;
- Experience in Tanzania is desirable;
- Excellent command of spoken / written English and Kiswahili.
- Enhances the organization’s human resources by planning, implementing, and evaluating employee relations and human resources policies, programs, and practices.
- Maintains the work structure by updating job requirements and job descriptions for all positions.
- Support organization staff by establishing a recruiting, testing, and interviewing program; counseling managers on candidate selection; conducting and analyzing exit interviews; and recommending changes.
- Prepare employees for assignments by establishing and conducting orientation and training programs.
- Manages a pay plan by conducting periodic pay surveys; scheduling and conducting job evaluations; preparing pay budgets; monitoring and scheduling individual pay actions; and recommending, planning, and implementing pay structure revisions.
- Ensure planning, monitoring, and appraisal of employee work results by training managers to coach and discipline employees; scheduling management conferences with employees; hearing and resolving employee grievances; and counseling employees and supervisors.
- Implement employee benefit programs and inform employees of benefits by studying and assessing benefit needs and trends; recommending benefit programs to management; directing the processing of benefit claims; obtaining and evaluating benefit contract bids; awarding benefit contracts; designing and conducting educational programs on benefit programs.
- Ensures legal compliance by monitoring and implementing applicable human resource country requirements, conducting investigations, maintaining records, and representing the organization at hearings.
- Enforce management guidelines by preparing, updating, and recommending human resource policies and procedures.
- Retain historical human resource records by designing a filing and retrieval system and keeping past and current records.
- Cultivate professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, and participating in professional societies.
- Complete human resource operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees and following up on work results.
- Manage human resource staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.
- Advance human resource staff job results by counseling and disciplining employees; and planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Prepare and implement departmental annual business plan.
- Bachelor’ Degree in Human Resources or related business field.
- Demonstrated ability to improve employee morale.
- Proven working experience as HR Manager or other HR Executive with 5+ years’ experience in a human resources supervisory position.
- People oriented and results driven
- Demonstrable experience with Human Resources metrics
- Knowledge of HR systems and databases
- Ability to architect strategy along with leadership skills
- Excellent active listening, negotiation and presentation skills
- Competence to build and effectively manage interpersonal relationships at all levels of the company
CO-ORDINATION AND REPORTING
The Human Resorce Manager will be working under the overall supervision of TPSF Executive Director
The Human Resorce Manager works under the obligation of confidentiality. HRM has access to Information, data, database, knowledge resources in the forms of briefings, reports, proceedings, articles, essays, etc. that has to be kept and managed with utmost care and privacy.
HOW TO APPLY
All applications should be addressed and submitted to the following email address
Tanzania Private Sector Foundation
1288 Mwaya Road, Msasani Peninsula
P. O. Box 11313
DAR ES SALAAM
The deadline for submitting the application is 15 March 2021