Marketing Manager (MM)
Reporting to : Managing Director
Salary Scale: TSG 14
Location : Head Office, Dar es Salaam
Number of Positions : One(1)
The MM formulates, directs and controls marketing systems in order to sustain operations of the Authority and ensures the Authority meets its profit goals and objectives.
- Formulates, reviews and controls short and long term marketing plans to meet the needs of customers and the Authority;
- Develops and implements suitable tariff structures in order to enhance the Authority’s earnings;
- Reviews marketing policies in order to determine their effectiveness and as a way of responding to the changing marketing situations;
- Directs the development of policies for monitoring the performance of freight and passenger services of the Cost and Profit Centres;
- Motivates and promotes positive attitude to work among employees, particularly those under the marketing umbrella; and
- Prepares annual budgets and ensures that the department operates within the approved allocations.
Core Skills and Competencies:
- Strong interpersonal, communication and leadership skills;
- Ability to manage and prioritize tasks and projects;
- Good understanding of applicable tax, pension and other statutory obligations;
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills; and
- Must be a team player.
Qualifications and experience:
- Form IVA/I Certificate of Tanzania or Grade 12 Certificate of Zambia;
- A Degree in Marketing or Business Administration;
- A Post-Graduate Degree in Business Administration, MSc Economics or related fields, will be an added advantage;
- Ten (10) years of relevant experience at senior level;
- Registered member of an appropriate professional body; and
- Not less than 35 years of age .
Conditions of Service:
TAZARA conditions of service will apply. All the above appointments are on permanent and pensionable basis.
Mode of Application:
Only candidates who meet the specified requirements need apply to the address indicated below, enclosing their detailed curriculum vitae, certified copies of educational certificates, names and addresses of three traceable referees.
Female applicants are encouraged to apply.
Only short-listed candidates will be communicated to.
Faxed or electronic applications will NOT be accepted.
The Human Resources Manager
Tanzania-Zambia Railway Authority (TAZARA)
Head Office, Julius Nyerere Road
P.O. Box 2834
DAR ES SALAAM, TANZANIA
The deadline for submitting the application is 19 March 2021