Head Talent Management
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It’s about showing how you embody our valued behaviours – do the right thing, better together and never settle – as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We’re committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture – one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
- Partner with the Talent & Resourcing (T&R) LT and other CoEs to define, embed and evolve innovative and effective end to end Talent processes across the lifecycle, in support of landing the Bank’s People Strategy
- As part of this, co-create the T&R priorities with associated book of work that enables sustainable growth and performance across Standard Chartered
- Implement the strategic areas in the HR Scorecard related to Talent management.
- Actively engage externally to:
- Understand best practice and continuously review the Bank’s Talent Strategy in light of this
- Share the bank’s best practice externally building the bank’s profile as a leader in Talent Management
- Business Partnership
- Work collaboratively across CoEs and HRBPs to design and embed talent standards, products and processes to drive engagement and business/functional performance
- Be part of the team which provides consultation and advisory support for strategic T&R projects pan bank
- Be the Talent spoc for specific Business/Functions/Regions providing a consolidated update on the work happening across Talent, gathering feedback on how the Talent work is landing and understanding business demand as input to COE prioritisation reviews
- Proactively form credible relationships to influence relevant decision-making across the bank
- Employee Experience, Process & Product Management
- Responsible for designing and managing the Talent identification process focusing on employee experience, and integration with the talent lifecycle and employee lifecycle
- Delivery of integrated Talent processes, tools and interventions to support the identification, assessment and development of talent. Continuously improve their efficiency and effectiveness using employee experience insights and leading practices in the market. Partner with Resourcing, OP&C and other critical stakeholder groups in HR to drive an integrated approach to outcomes and insights from our talent processes to enable the People strategy. Use these insights to input to the Talent digital roadmap
- Group Process Owner (GPO) for key Talent processes
- Succession Planning & development
- Talent Identification
- Emergency Cover – Independent Assessment
- Run the Executive Talent Management succession process and GMT successor development, with primary focus on GMT/MT-1 roles. Lead the design of the approach and planning, support the Global Head of T&R and Group Head HR with the insights and GMT/ Board paper preparation
- Responsible for designing and managing the People Forums product and process including developing standard tools and insights working in partnership with HRBPs, to ensure leading edge, fit for purpose products are created. Partner with resourcing, OP&C and other critical stakeholder groups in HR to drive an integrated approach to outcomes and insights from People forums to enable the People strategy
- Responsible for partnering across the bank to design and manage talent profile creation process and experience and seamlessly integrate this into the employee lifecycle
- Ensure effective management of operational risks within the role remit and compliance with applicable internal policies, and external laws and regulation
- Responsible for identifying, assessing, monitoring, controlling and mitigating risks. Also, an awareness and understanding of the main risks facing the Talent team and how to manage them.
- Support the effective implementation of Risk Management framework within the role remit.
- Ensure effective processes are in place to identify, manage, monitor and report risk
- Responsible for managing and recruiting staff in the team, ensuring adequate capacity, building a high performing team by supporting development and planning for succession.
- Build succession bench strength for this role and the broader HR function. Be a talent magnet for Talent COE talent
- Lead the teams to deliver specific projects and deliverables as determined by the relevant scorecard metrics
- Provide effective leadership to the teams, communicate the vision and build commitment and energy to focus on key priorities
- Lead by example and build the appropriate culture and values. Set appropriate tone and expectations from the teams, ensure people are recognised and rewarded appropriately and work in collaboration with relevant stakeholders, including risk and control partners.
- Develop and embed a high-performance culture with specific focus on capability, effectiveness and productivity. Role model adoption of new ways of working.
- Set and monitor job descriptions and objectives for direct reports and provide feedback and rewards in line with their performance against those responsibilities and objectives.
- Embed the Group’s values and code of conduct as it relates to the role remit to ensure that adherence with the highest standards of ethics, and compliance with relevant policies, processes and regulations among employees form part of the culture
- Assess the effectiveness of the team’s governance, oversight and controls and, if necessary, propose/implement changes in these areas
- Engage with relevant audit report findings and ensure feedback is acted upon
- Ensure that all approved HR investments and capital / project expenditure are managed within the agreed budget.
- Global, Regional and Country HR Heads and HRBPs
- Talent & Resourcing LT
- HR CoEs
- Regulators (as applicable)
- Relevant industry groups and professional bodies
- Strategic Vendor Partners
- Embed Here for good and the Group’s brand and values within the role’s remit
- Perform other responsibilities assigned under Group, Country, Business or Functional policies and procedure
- Work effectively across the Group, using values behaviours to drive overall business growth
Our Ideal Candidate
- Preferably 10 years of professional experience
- Academic or Professional Education/Qualifications: Desirable – Professional Qualification in Business Management / Human Resources
- Licences and Certifications/accreditations: Desirable – Professional certifications in HR e.g. FCIPD, ACC
- Professional Memberships: Desirable – Senior membership with professional associations e.g. CIPD, ATD, ICF, SHRM
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages. We welcome conversations on flexible working.
The deadline for submitting the application is 08 April 2021