Technical Customer Support Representative
Sokowatch is transforming communities across Africa by revolutionizing access to essential goods and services. By connecting small merchants to the digital economy, we fix inefficient supply chains and provide services previously unavailable to informal businesses. Sokowatch aims to provide everything a retailer needs, no wholesalers or banks necessary.
Thousands of retailers across Kenya, Tanzania, Rwanda, and Uganda use Sokowatch’s mobile ordering and delivery platform to receive the goods they need as quickly and cheaply as possible while also accessing growth financing for the first time. We’re looking to grow our team with highly talented and motivated employees who are excited to work in a fast-paced and dynamic startup environment.
Role: Technical Customer Support Representative
We are searching for an experienced Technical Customer Support Representative to join our product team. Essential qualities for this role include technical skills to address reported issues quickly and effectively, obsessive attention to detail as well as effective written and oral communication. The Technical Customer Support Representative makes sure that technical issues are raised and resolved in a structured and timely manner to achieve the highest possible level of customer satisfaction
Location: This role may be based out of any of our offices in Dar es Salaam, Arusha, Mwanza, Kigali or Kampala.
The successful candidate will possess:
- Diploma or Bachelor’s degree in IT, Computer Science, Information Systems or related field
- Extensive hands-on experience with technical support for web and mobile applications in an agile software environment
- Ability to diagnose and troubleshoot technical issues
- Creative problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong public speaking and presentation skills
- Ability to provide easily understandable step-by-step technical help
- Ability to learn new applications and programs quickly to support & train end-users
- SQL database querying, web and/or mobile coding experience strongly preferred
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Respond quickly to incoming bug tickets & escalate as needed to engineering
- Research and identify solutions to software and hardware issues by querying databases and other systems
- Ask users targeted questions to quickly understand the root of the problem
- Track system issues through to resolution, within agreed time limits
- Document technical knowledge in the form of knowledge bases and user manuals