North Mara Gold Mine Limited is seeking to recruit one (01) Occupational Health and Safety System Officer to join North Mara team. The successful candidates for this position will provide support to North Mara Team to ensure that OHS Objectives are met and are associated with the business plans and that all Safety and Health Systems are implemented in accordance with North Mara OHS management System.
Reporting to: OHS First Line Leader – OHS.
Contract Duration: Permanent.
- To ensure that the OHS management system is properly implemented (including testing, training and implementation aspects) and monitor systems effectiveness.
- Daily entry and analysis of OHS leading and lagging indicators in to Isometrix data base and generating analytical reports.
- Receiving and registering of weekly departmental score cards and produce analytical reports to process owners.
- Assisting Document Controller to ensure that OHS data are efficiently managed and controlled.
- Conduct departmental audits on OHS related data and ensure regular updates.
- Initiation and follow up on OHS resources procurement.
- Managing and updating of Incidents/accident corrective actions records and other non-conformances trackers.
- Involving in ISO 45001:2018 certification maintenance by playing key role in OHS data management related to the standard.
- Ensuring OHS Communications both internally and externally are done in timely manner.
- Providing daily. Weekly, monthly and quarterly OHS reports.
- To control the numbering, filing, sorting and retrieval of electronically stored or hard copy of OHS related documentation produced by technical teams, projects or departments as well as capture & maintain all Safety Related systems in a timely, accurate and efficient manner and carry out other tasks assigned within range of competency.
- Advanced level education or diploma certificate from any recognized institute.
- NOSHC certificate or Certificate IV in Health and Safety.
- ICAM (or any incident investigation tool) Lead Investigator Course.
- Computer skills on Microsoft Office programs including MS Word, MS Excel, MS Power Point and MS Outlook.
- Minimum of 2 years mining experience.
- Experience in ISO 45001:2018 implementation and certification auditing.
- Good knowledge of system data base.
- Good knowledge in procurement software programs.
- Understanding of Legal acts and regulations related to Occupational Health and Safety.
SKILLS / KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS:
- Able to show initiative and take responsibility for safety programs.
- Knowledge of Safety and Health Management Systems and ISO 45001:2018.
- Possession of valid Tanzania driver’s license and having Driver’s competency.
- Ability to interact with other departments, contractors, Project Managers and safety personnel.
- Possession of good written and oral communication skills in English and Kiswahili languages.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs including MS Word, MS Excel, MS Power Point and MS Outlook.
- Strong influencing skills.
- Analytical skills, able to think logically and clearly; Strong attention to detail
- Multitasking abilities.
- High level of interpersonal skills.
- Able to achieve tasks on time with minimal supervision.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
- A comprehensive compensation package including bonuses, benefits, and where applicable.
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact.
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team.
- Opportunities to grow and learn with the industry colleagues are endless.
Applicants are invited to submit their CV’s/Resume’s (indicating the role title in the subject) via e-mail
If you are not contacted by Barrick – North Mara Gold Mine LTD within thirty (30) days after the closing date, you should consider your application as unsuccessful. Short listed candidates may be subjected to any of the following: security clearance; competency assessment; physical capability assessment, reference checking.
Please forward applications before 2nd April, 2021.
BEWARE OF CONMEN! NMGML does not receive money in exchange for a job position. Should you be asked for money in exchange for a job offer or suspect such activity, please report this immediately to our Compliance Hotline, by calling +1-877-246-5399 or through www.barrickgold.ethispoint.com