Title: Telesales Agent
Reporting to: Team Lead, Telesales
Location: Arusha, Tanzania
About ENGIE ENGIE Energy Access
ENGIE Energy Access is a leading Pay-As-You-Go (PAYGo) and mini-grids solutions provider in Africa, with a mission to deliver affordable, reliable and sustainable energy solutions and life-changing services with exceptional customer experience. The company is a result of the integration of Fenix International, ENGIE Mobisol and ENGIE PowerCorner; and develops innovative, off-grid solar solutions for homes, public services and businesses, enabling customers and distribution partners access to clean, affordable energy. The PAYGo solar home systems are financed through affordable installments from $0.14 per day and the mini-grids foster economic development by enabling electrical productive use and triggering business opportunities for entrepreneurs in rural communities.
With over 1,700 employees, operations in nine countries across Africa (Benin, Cote d’Ivoire, Kenya, Mozambique, Nigeria, Rwanda, Tanzania, Uganda and Zambia), over 1 million customers and more than 5 million lives impacted so far, ENGIE Energy Access aims to remain a leading clean energy company, serving millions of customers across Africa by 2025.
The Commercial Department plans and executes sales of the EEA products, focusing on achieving national sales targets. The Telesales Agents who are commission-based contractors performing the remote selling of EEA products to high-quality customers, focusing on an excellent customer experience and building a strong customer relationship.
- Contact potential leads or existing high-quality customers to inform them solar systems about the using audited and authorized scripts.
- Closing high quality sales
- Ensure correct and right customer Education is given to all potential customers.
- Ensure customer records are stored in the database via M-tawi i.e. Customer application system and data confidentiality is observed throughout the customer application process.
- Conducting follow-up calls with new and recent customers, in line with EEA guidelines and policies
- Conducting Outbound Calls to new or existing upselling customers
- Build strong, long-lasting customer relationships. Building repeat sales through strong customer relationships, rather than using high-pressure sales techniques
- Maintaining accurate call log and accurate reporting and documentation of quality leads
- Proving commercial and financial awareness of product bundles in completing assigned tasks.
- Completing assigned tasks in line with applicable policies, guidelines, processes and procedures.
- Seeking opportunities to learn and develop within EEA and through training
- Analyzing the sales funnel: Identifying potentiality of outbound and inbound calls, and where they are in the sales funnel.
Knowledge and skills
- At least one year experience working in a Sales field.
- Experience working with the B2C business with targets oriented.
- Minimum holder of diploma in Marketing, sales or Business administration.
- Excellent verbal communication skills, ability to communicate with many different types of people.
- A person that does not give up after facing challenges.
- A person eager to grow and learn.
- Commercial acumen and ability to sell.
- Capacity to innovate and create new sales and marketing processes.
- Ability to build relationships and work in a fast-growing start-up environment.
- Drive to make every sale an excellent customer experience.
- Self-starter with a passion for EEA´s vision to plug in the world.
- Fluency in the CO language; fluency in English is a plus.
French is a plus
Basic computer application literacy and smart phone exposure.