Reporting To: Administration Officer
Locations: Head Office -Dar Es Salaam, Tanzania
Position Contract Period: Up until 30th September 2021, non- renewable
At the heart of Pact is the promise of a better tomorrow. The promise of a healthy life. Of a decent livelihood. Of sustainable natural resources that benefit communities. Now more than ever in its 42-year history, Pact is helping millions of people who are poor and marginalized discover and build their own solutions and take ownership over their future.
Pact enables systemic solutions that allow those who are poor and marginalized to earn a dignified living, be healthy, and take part in the benefits that nature provides. Pact accomplishes this by strengthening local capacity, forging effective governance systems, and transforming markets into a force for development.
To safely operate Pact Tanzania vehicles efficiently and to provide administrative assistance to the Pact office as needed.
- Safely operate Pact vehicles in accordance with Tanzanian traffic laws
- Maintain fuel, mileage and maintenance logs for the vehicles.
- Ensure that vehicles are maintained in good running order.
- Assist with office administrative support such as photocopying, filing, binding of documents, filling, etc., as needed.
- Conduct deliveries, airport pick-ups and messenger services efficiently by taking the most direct routing.
- Advise staff on safe driving policy when necessary.
- Ensure the vehicle is clean and in good condition all the time.
- High School diploma/Form IV Certificate or equivalent qualification
- Certification from a reputable Driver’s Education School
- Class C Driver’s license
- Computer skills will be an added advantage.
Experience and Skills
- At least two years experience as a driver/messenger, with preference for experience with USAID or other donors.
- Safe driving record
- Must be well acquainted with basic knowledge on vehicle parts and be able to diagnose vehicle related faults at first place.
- Long distance driving experience
- Good oral communication ability.
- Polite, easy going, ability to work with variety of different people and cultures.
- Ability to work after normal working hours to transport staff/consultants to airport and other locations.
- Strong language capability in both Kiswahili and English.
- Must be honest and demonstrate the highest degree of integrity.
- Ability to write a work-related report.