The African Leaders Malaria Alliance (ALMA) is a coalition of African Union Heads of State and Government established to drive accountability and action for results against malaria, Neglected Tropical Diseases (NTDs), Reproductive, Maternal, Neonatal, Child, and Adolescent Health (RMNCAH) and nutrition. ALMA’s vision is aligned with both the African Union Agenda 2063 – “The Africa We Want” which sets the elimination of malaria as a key goal and the Catalytic Framework to end AIDS, TB and Eliminate Malaria in Africa by 2030. ALMA works to enhance accountability for results in the fight against malaria, focusing on the use of the scorecard accountability and action tracking mechanisms at continental, regional, national, sub-national and community levels. ALMA also works to sustain political and leadership commitment, and supports countries to track progress, identify bottlenecks and take action. ALMA also supports countries in the establishment of End Malaria Councils and Funds.
ALMA is seeking an Office Manager for ALMA’s Dar es Salaam headquarters to oversee the smooth functioning of ALMA’s headquarters. The office manager will supervise and manage a team of administrators, allocating roles, recruiting and training, and issuing assignments and projects as well as managing ALMA’s communications from Headquarters. The office manager will also provide logistical support for the execution of ALMA events and activities.
We are seeking a candidate with superb project management and communications skills, a sharp eye for detail, and an aptitude for problem solving in a timely manner. The candidate should be based and eligible to work in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania.
The candidate should have:
- At least 5 years experience managing an office, preferably in Tanzania
- Excellent written and verbal communications and diplomacy skills with professional proficiency in English. French desired but not necessary.
- Knowledge of the legal and regulatory landscape in Tanzania, with the goal of ensuring the office is in compliance with local laws.
- Experience with project management, managing and delivering the timely execution of workplans
- Experience with office accounting, quickbooks, and financial reconciliations preferred
- Experience working with global health development partners is preferred
- An understanding of the malaria partner landscape is preferred
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively on assignments
- Strong time management, organizational, and interpersonal skills
- Can-do attitude with the ability to follow direction
- The ability to travel (post-COVID)
Terms of Reference
Dar es Salaam Office Manager
Duties and Responsibilities
- Run the operations of ALMA Headquarters office in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania, including
- Manage office finances, including managing payroll and supervising the office’s administrative staff.
- Complete the office’s operational requirements by scheduling and assigning tasks to staff and following up on work results.
- Manage ALMA’s communications and engagements with external stakeholders, including dissemination of letters and other correspondence, as well as scheduling of meetings, and supporting logistical coordination of ALMA events.
- Ensure ALMA’s Dar es Salaam Office is in compliance with latest local laws and in good relations with the Government of Tanzania.
- Oversee the timely dissemination of the ALMA quarterly reports, including the ALMA scorecard for accountability and action, country specific reports, and the summary report.
- Support further institutionalization of Tanzania’s scorecards for malaria, RMNCAH, and nutrition by working with ALMA’s technical team to support logistical coordination of workshops and other scorecard support with the Tanzania’s Ministry of Health. This includes high level advocacy for the national scorecards and obtaining permissions from government when necessary.
- Perform any other ALMA functions as assigned by the Executive Secretary and the Chief Technical Advisor
- Reporting: Consultant will report to ALMA’s Executive Secretary
Reporting: The Office Manager will report to ALMA’s Executive Secretary
Benefits: ALMA offers employees a competitive salary commensurate with experience.
Applicants should submit a resume or CV and a cover letter to email@example.com no later than March 7th 2021 at 11:59pm EST. The subject of the email should include the applicant’s name and the position “Name: Office Manager”.
The deadline for submitting the application is 07 March 2021