SECRETARY (4 POST)
Humble beginnings fuelled by burgeoning aspirations led to the inception of Barrick Group’s first commercial venture in 2003 – a general trading company solely specialising in food and consumable products for the UAE and African markets.
A move that set the prologue to the Group’s success story. As the Middle Eastern and African markets continued underlining their presence on the global map, our business continued growing in parallel. Our traded volumes in 2014 alone were approx. 6600 containers of perishable and non-perishable items to our vast network of traders, partners and clients across the region.
Today, Barrick Group is further enriched through diversity, as our commercial ventures now encompass F&B, Retail and HORECA Brand Management & Distribution, Food Commodities Trading, Consulting, and Light Manufacturing. While the GCC remains our niche, our scale of operations have also expanded to cover our home base in Canada.
From start-up to now, our journey has crossed numerous milestones, including becoming financially self-sufficient. This sustainability has enabled us to grow without any financial liabilities, a remarkable accomplishment in today’s times.
Barrick Group in Tanzania is looking for experienced professionals in the following discipline to join our dynamic group so as to launch our operations in which our offices will be opened in Dar es salaam, Mwanza, Arusha and Dodoma, also we have built factories which are in final stage located at kibaha, Pwani region which will be responsible for manufacturing of various products for local and international market across East Africa.
SECRETARY (4 POST)
Reports to Administration officer
In this role, your duties will include organizing the daily tasks of management, maintaining communication with customers and suppliers, and ensuring that the admin office runs smoothly.
To be successful as a secretary assistant, you should have exceptional organizational skills and the ability to effectively solve any office-related issue. Ultimately, a top-notch secretary assistant should have strong communication skills, and the ability to maintain a high level of accuracy when working with office accounts or customer queries.
- Assisting the administrative department with clerical duties, such as organizing work schedules.
- Processing work orders, organizing invoices, and assisting admin staff with payroll.
- Performing office duties, such as answering phones, liaising with clients, or running errands.
- Scheduling management meetings, creating agendas, and attending meetings to record minutes.
- Compiling and distributing minutes of meetings to personnel.
- Managing daily office operations and maintaining an organized work environment. Assisting with the onboarding process of new personnel and providing any officerelated training.
- Facilitating communication between management and personnel.
- Overseeing and interpreting the company’s administrative policies and procedures.
- Bachelor’s degree in office management, business, or a similar field.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in a secretarial role.
- Excellent knowledge of office management software, such as Trello, Slack, Google Suite, and MS Office Suite.
- Working knowledge of management policies and office procedures.
- Excellent managerial skills.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to multitask and to work well in a fast-paced environment.
Salary: Competitive package will be offered for qualified candidate.
Barrick group has no recruitment agent, all applications should be sent within 14 days, starting on 23th March 2021 and deadline for application will be on 5th April 2021 at 5:30pm
All applicants should mention the position they are applying on subject space of the email
All interested and qualified Tanzanian should send their applications letter and curriculum vitae only to our email below; firstname.lastname@example.org
And all applications should be addressed to
Director of Human Resources, Barrick Group,
P.O Box 18699,
Dar es salaam.