SHDEPHA+ Kahama, based in Kahama Municipal, is among the 65 branches, was launched in 1999 and started independent operations in 2002 has been working with both international and national donors, the local and central government and other stakeholders to work toward the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals. The organization works with the poor, key, and vulnerable groups including women, children, youth, people with special needs; and it gives special attention to the underserved and marginalized populations such as PLHV, FSW, and VAGYW
SHDEPHA+ Kahama has been selected and reassigned to implement The Global Fund for AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria (GFATM) program as a sub recipient of AMREF Health Africa Tanzania ( as a Principal recipient (PR 2) for the Non State Actors) for the HIV/TB/Malaria/RSSH grant. The grant will be implemented for three years, from 2021 to 2023 in 4 regions of Tanzania (SHINYANGA, SIMIYU, TABORA and SINGIDA).
The GF HIV/TB project implementation will be done in collaboration and guidance from the Tanzania Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children and the President’s Office Regions Authority and Local Government (PORALG). With this, SHDEPHA+ Kahama therefore is seeking competent, experienced, dynamic, and qualified candidates to fill the positions listed below:
DRIVERS (3 Positions)
Location: Shinyanga, Simiyu, Tabora and Singida
Reports to: Human Resource and Administration officer
Contract Duration: 12 months (renewable)
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- To make pre-inspection to the assigned vehicle prior traveling and report mechanical damage/defects if any.
- To undertake minor mechanical repairs
- Deploying staff to various places on project trips
- To take vehicles due to routine maintenance/repair to the appointed service agent
- To ensure safety and cleanliness of the vehicle at all times
- Keeping a record of all trips in the Log-book
- Collect and distribute various documents
- Provide technical advice on vehicle safety and operation to staff
- To report promptly accidents or incidents involving the vehicles to the relevant authority
- To ensure that valid documents and permits are acquire prior commencement of any journey
- To perform such other duties as may be prescribed by his or her supervisor relating to his or her education and vocational skills.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
Form four Certificate (Form IV)
- Must possess Driving licence class C of motor vehicle with a clean record in a reputable institution including of not causing an accident for at least the past three years
- At least 3 years’ experience of driving motor vehicle.
- He/she must have attended and passed Advanced Drivers Course Grade II at the National Institute of Transport or any other recognized Institution OR Driving Grade Test II from a recognized Institution
- Must be fluent in Kiswahili language speaking and writing. English language is an added advantage
- Salary scale (700,000 – 1,000,000/=)