The Aga Khan Health Service, Tanzania (AKHST) an institution of The Aga Khan Development Network, has completed a major expansion of the Aga Khan Hospital. Dar es Salaam. This expansion aims at enhancing the Hospital’s facilities, technology and capacity which will allow it to become the leading provider of high-quality medical care focusing on tertiary medicine, reversing the flow of medical tourism and enhancing its capacity to deliver high quality health sciences education.
The Hospital’s recent expansion focuses on expanding key clinical services including the development of comprehensive cardiology, oncology and neurosciences programmes as well as the expansion of orthopedics and trauma, diagnostic imaging, pathology, critical care, and women and child health.
The Hospital is ISO 9001 certified and Joint Commission International Accredited which is a testimony to the provision of the highest level of quality and patient safety that compares with the best hospitals in the world. The Hospital is also a teaching site for The Aga Khan University, which offers postgraduate medical education programs leading to Master’s of Medicine in Family Medicine. Internal Medicine and Surgery. The Aga Khan Hospital is also an accredited internship site and accepts 60 interns annually.
The Hospital has also established 23 outreach health facilities that are located across 11 regions of Tanzania and are connected via an integrated health systems that supports a strong continuum of care from primary to tertiary medicine.
We are seeking for enthusiastic and qualified experienced personnel for the following position below
DENTAL SURGEON – (1 POSITION)
- Meeting with Patients to discuss and treat dental concerns performing regular cleanings and other preventative procedures and establish a plan for better dental hygiene
- Performing all dental procedures, such as extractions, root canals, and filling cavities, dentures, and more as per approved privileges only.
- Keeping records relating to the oral health of patients and the treatments given to them as per standard policy followed at AKHST.
- Managing and communicating with other staff members to provide care to patients Keep record of inventories, material and equipment order and supervise same related to dental while working with allied departments.
- Implementation of policies and processes as per AKHST standards of practice and as updated by Supervisor.
- Any other roles assigned by the Supervisor.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor of Dental Surgery
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in hospital/ clinic settings, 3 of which should be in leadership roles.
- Certificate of Full Registration from Medical Council of Tanganyika
- Valid Practicing License from Medical Council of Tanganyika
- Strong computer skills and experience with healthcare databases and applications.
- Willingness to comply with all local, state, and federal laws regarding dental and health care
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, ability to keep detailed records. Comprehensive knowledge of dental procedures, tools and diagnostic.
- Candidate should have good knowledge of contemporary dental practices especially for procedures like root canal, crowns, fillings, full mouth rehabilitation.
- Good management skills
- Demonstrated and inherent Integrity and honesty.
- Willingness to be flexible in work habits and assigned tasks. Adaptable and comfortable in less than fully structured environment
- Demonstrate a positive and enthusiastic attitude at all times.
- Should be Customer Centered.
CONSULTANT NEONATOLOGIST – (1 POSITION)
- Provide oversight and leadership for the neonatology service.
- Establish and implement protocols and guidelines for neonatal care
- Proved medical care for all newborn infants, both well and sick until they are ready to go home.
- This includes babies who need neonatal intensive care, ventilation, use of surfactant and inotropes
- Provide follow up care of infants after discharge
- Attending premature, high risk or problematic deliveries, and managing if complications arise or if medical attention is necessary immediately after birth.
- Caring for infants’ nutrition to ensure optimal growth and development
- Providing support and counseling to parents and helping them to understand and make decisions regarding their infant’s condition and treatment.
- Work as a team with the obstetricians in planning management for babies identified antenatal to be high risk
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor of Medicine and/or Bachelor of Surgery
- Masters qualification in pediatrics such as M. Med or equivalent in relevant field of specialization
- Fellowship or supers specialization in neonatology
- At least two years of post-graduate experience of specified field
- At least 3 years on going academic and teaching experience Certificate of Full Registration from Medical Council of Tanganyika Valid Practicing License from Medical Council of Tanganyika
- Demonstrated record of excellent clinical skills, a talent for teaching and interest in medical education.
- Demonstrated record of high quality medical research and leading collaborative research teams.
HEAD OF ICT AKHS TANZANIA & REGIONAL HEAD OF ICT, AKHS EAST AFRICA
As the Head of ICT AKHS Tanzania the position shall hold direct responsibility for ICT operations in Tanzania working closely with the CEO and other member of the Senior Leadership Team, and as Regional Head of ICT for AKHS East Africa (AKHS-EA) the position shall be responsible in providing oversite and guidance to the Head of IT in Mombasa and Kisumu, and other entities over time in fulfilling the responsibilities defined herein.
The incumbent will provide technology vision and strategic direction in driving digital transformation across East Africa for improved patient care, including the efficient implementation and utilization of EHR/ERP/ HRIS and other solutions in line with the overall strategic plan of the Institution. The Regional Head of ICT will lead AKHS to move forward and stay abreast with advances in technology included but not limited to data analytics, Bl, loT, Al, mobile apps, etc. The position shall be accountable to manage IT risks by establishing IT Governance, adopting best practices, and bring efficiencies in IT operations.
- Oversee all technology operations, including managing IT resources, mitigating security risks, increasing user satisfaction, and maintaining operations and systems in line with the Institution’s strategic vision and available resources.
- Ensure that relevant mechanisms are in place for enhanced innovation with respect to hospital operations and patient and staff experience processes.
- Lead the development and implementation of AKHS-EA ICT long-term vision and digital transformation to complement the overall vision of the Institution.
- Recommend long, medium and short-range strategic plans concerning applications, talent, hardware, communications and IT infrastructure for greater efficiency and effectiveness.
- Review and periodically update the ICT Strategic Plan of Aga Khan Health Services, East Africa.
- Responsible for Implementation of road maps and transition plan to meet leadership expectation and Organization’s needs
Policies, Processes and Procedures
- Ensure ongoing relevance and oversee implementation of operational policies, processes and procedures covering all areas of ICT activities to ensure that the business units receive high quality and reliable technology support.
Budgeting and Cost Control
- Develop and consolidate IT budgets for short-term and multi-year planning purposes and coordinate with CEOs, Finance and Business Units for preparing annual and five year budgets, business and operating plans, and manpower and resource requirements.
- Managing budgets related to IT functions and CAPEX, ensuring that adequate provision is made for all activities, monitor and control expenditure against approved budget and reconcile budget variances to ensure on-target performance against budgets.
- Define a clear organization structure for the ICT, in coordination with the Human Resource Department so that resources are optimally utilized.
- IT Architecture
- Lead the IT architecture and play a role of Enterprise Architect.
- Develop and update overall architecture (Technology, Data, Business, Application)
- Oversee solution architecture
- Application Development
- Oversee the development and management of application projects Ensure all applications align with the enterprise business objectives
- Oversee the link up with Applications, up gradation of Systems (server, disaster management and data recovery) and Network enhancement (security, IP phones etc.), to ensure that the infrastructure of IT caters to the needs of AKHS – East Africa
- Development of a wide area networking strategy to support data center operations and all sites
- Ensure optimum user support and effective service level to meet business needs in cost effective manner
- Implement effective systems for tracking customer satisfaction related to IT services – i.e. troubleshooting assistance, etc.
- Provide directions to monitor IT Help Desk to maintain high service levels on trouble calls and proactively identify reoccurring problems with IT customers.
- Provide directives to proactively supervise monitoring systems for escalation and notification of affected customers.
- Business Intelligence, Dashboard, Analytics
- Leads strategic design and implementation activities for AKHS-EA Business Intelligence (Bl)
- Oversee departmental MIS statements and reports regarding investment transactions timely and accurately to meet departmental and overall needs of the region
- Technology Standardization and Procurement
- Established policies, process and standard to evaluate vendors and technology
- Validate purchase requirements of hardware and software and any other IT peripherals and approve as per delegation of authority.
- Disaster Management & Data Recovery
- Define, oversee and lead the testing of the disaster recovery procedures with respect to ICT so that systems can be reinstated in a timely and integral manner in the event of a disaster scenario.
IT Risk Management
- Establish Corporate ICT risk management framework, guidelines and processes
- Develop and implement IT Governance framework to manage information risk management
- Regularly review and update IT security standards
- Lead and guide the IT Project management team in the planning, organizing, management and control of various projects in order to ensure that the project cycle is completed meeting agreed project parameters (cost budget, timelines, scope and quality), standards and objectives.
- Closely monitor performance indicators and drive system improvement and cost reduction initiatives to ensure continuous development of IT systems, efficient and IT investments meet AKHS-EA standards.
- Track developments in technology and the adaptability of relevant developments
Leadership and People Management
- Direct and ensure the effective achievement of IT functional objectives through leadership of the department, setting unit and individual objectives, managing performance, developing and motivating staff, monitoring training needs, providing formal and informal feedback, and appraisal to maximize subordinate and unit performance.
- Lead the IT team, providing guidance, encouraging teamwork and facilitating related professional work processes in order to achieve high performance standards and staff pride in performance and contribution.
Stimulate team and lead the identification of opportunities for continuous improvement of organisation’s systems, processes and practices considering ‘international best practice’, improvement of business processes, cost reduction and productivity improvement.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum requirement, Master Degree in MIS, IT or related field from recognized University/ College
- Master Degree in Business Analytics, Business Administration (MBA), or a related field from recognized University/College
- Minimum of 15 years of IT experience of working with a large organization which 5 years in a leadership position, preferably in the healthcare industry
- Planning skills to plan network, manpower requirement, databases and application software
- At least 10 years Project Management experience or at least 5 years Project Management Experience with PMP
- At least 10 Years’ Experience in one domain of IT Architecture (Business Architecture, Data Architecture, Application Architecture, Technology Architecture) and experience with Standard Architecture Framework (TOGAF, Zackman etc.
- Experience of implementing business analytics, Bl, Data warehousing Experience and proven skills in System Management, Oracle and MS SQL RDBMS Programming experience in at least 1 major programming language
Method of Application
APPLICATIONS SHOULD BE SUBMITTED ELECTRONICALLY TO: firstname.lastname@example.org WITH THE SUBJECT LINE OF THE POSITION OR HAND DELIVERED TO HUMAN RESOURCE DEPARTMENT, P. O. BOX 2289, OCEAN ROAD, DAR ES SALAAM.
PLEASE NOTE: ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED FOR INTERVIEWS.
The deadline for submitting the application is 14th March 2021.