Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Reports To: Account Development Manager
Serengeti Breweries Limited (SBL) is a fully integrated beverage business in Diageo Africa (supply and demand for beer and spirits). It is a subsidiary of East Africa Breweries Limited (EABL), the largest business unit in Diageo Africa and the second largest listed company on the Nairobi stock exchange. SBL operates exclusively in Tanzania.
SBL flagship brand is Serengeti Premium Lager. Other brands in the portfolio include Guinness, Tusker Lager, Kibo Gold, Pilsner and Senator. Headquartered in Dar es Salaam, SBL is also the distributor of several global Diageo international renowned spirits brands such as Johnnie Walker, Smirnoff, Gordon’s, Bailey’s and Captain Morgan.
Scope of the role
- Responsible for beer and spirits sales and execution in supermarkets and HoReCa (hotels and top end on premise outlets) in DAR
- Management of distributor for peninsula Herrera
Purpose of Role
- To manage Take home business channels, Supermarkets & Convenient Stores, Petro -marts, Duty Free, Hotels, Clubs and to manage the development and execution of Key Accounts’ Business plans, in order to achieve mutually defined objectives, profits/NSV and brand growth targets.
- Leadership Responsibilities and Decision Making Rights
- Responsible for beer and spirits sales in designated area/portfolio.
- Focus on key consumer facing outles plus a few Head Office credit management.
- Developing Business Plans with Key Accounts/ with KPIs maximizing our RTM value chain and working to drive both volume “Push and “Pull” within both Supermarkets & Consumers.
- To define and deliver stretching Off Trade business plans and the strategy for their implementation around a total alcohol, one portfolio approach
- Identify emerging off trade trends and insights and develop activity plans for Key Accounts.
- Develop CDOS plans and activities matching brands with opportunities
- Ensure compliance with safety requirements at the work environment
Qualifications and experience required
- Min 1 year experience
- Must have background in Sales
- Compute literate
- Good command of English
- Must have at least college graduate (Diploma and above) with mathematical and analytical skills, preferably business administration.
- Excellent in interpersonal communication,
- A self-initiator,
- Able to work with low supervision,
- Have an analytical mind and ambitious to reach high targets,
- Able to take business related initiatives to produce positive business results.
- Presentable, well kempt and in clean branded clothing, as he/she is representing SBL in front of the distributors, retail customers and consumers.
- Must have salesmanship skills, communication skills, presentation skills, negotiation skills, basic calculation and mobile device using skills,
- Must be able to drive vehicles in an excellent manner
Worker Type : Regular
Primary Location: Dar es Salaam