The bank is seeking a dedicated, self-motivated and highly organized candidates to join Uchumi Commercial Bank Limited in the below posts to achieve and surpass safety and quality objectives to the reward of both the individual and UCBL.
POST : INTERNAL AUDITOR SPECIALIZED IN IT AUDITING (1 POST)
REPORTING LINE : HEAD OF INTERNAL AUDIT
LOCATION : UCHUMI COMMERCIAL BANK LIMITED MOSHI
To review and assess in collaboration with the Head of Internal Audit, the high-risk areas of the bank to give assurance that good governance practices are in place and internal controls are exercised. Provide support in ensuring the achievement of the Internal Audit (IA) function mission which is to provide independent, objective assurance and consulting services that are designed to add value and improve Bank’s operational controls. Support Internal Audit in accomplishing its objectives by bringing a systematic, disciplined approach to the evaluation and improvement of the effectiveness of risk management, control and governance processes
- Understand, comply and implement the Internal Audit Strategy and contribute towards team goals and objectives.
- Contribute to development of the IA Annual Audit Plan applying a risk-based approach.
- Understand annual key risk concerns around Information Technology as well as industry and latest trends impacting risk and control practices.
- Deliver allocated assignments within with agreed time, scope, and budget.
- Provide Business and IT management with guidance on IT risk management.
- Conduct and lead IT audits and review of systems, applications and IT processes. These include Project Assurance reviews, IT Security audits, IT General & Application Controls and review of IT policies, procedures and frameworks.
- Utilize data analytics and tools to analyses data and enhance audit efficiency and effectiveness.
- Document working papers, from planning to reporting, within allocated deadlines.
- Identify and recommend areas of improvement in the control environment.
- Provide input on significant and material findings reporting.
- Perform quality and timely issue tracking, validation and reporting.
- Report or share information on emerging trends and potential solutions for addressing control weaknesses, process efficiency challenges or resolving open audit issues.
- Contribute to continuous enhancement of quality control standards and toolkits for audit assignments
- Build and foster relationships with internal audit teams and stakeholders
- Plan, implement, and generate report on medium to complex IT security and governance reviews and IT general and application control audits
- Assess existence, efficiency, and effectiveness of the IT control environment by directing control/process optimization
- Inspect company’s IT policies and procedures; perform evaluation of control design; and carry out assessment of the effectiveness of company internal controls concerning IT processes and systems to help ensure company’s IT compliance programs are achieved always
- Get strong knowledge and understanding of business strategies, challenges, and risks by proactively developing business partnerships with management, as well as maintaining a strong presence with management
- Add value to and improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the business and the IT audit function by leading best practices for standards and procedures
- Keep abreast of emerging technologies with the IT environment and help in developing audit plans to counter whatever risks that might be associated with the application of such technologies
TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THIS ROLE, YOU WILL IDEALLY HAVE:
- Degree in Finance, Accounting, Computer Science or related discipline
- He/she must possess CPA and certified Information System Auditor (CISA) or equivalent.
- Certified Information System Auditor (CISA).
- Additional certification e.g. CISM, CRISC, ACCA; an added advantage.
- At least 2 years’ experience in Information Systems Audit.
- Understanding of Banking systems, Enterprise Resource Planners (ERPs), Operating Systems and Databases.
- Data Analytics skills including ability to use data analysis tools to perform tests, identify trends, provide insights, interpret and communicate results.
- Understanding of Information Security standards, tools and best practices.
- Understanding of IT Governance and IT Audit fundamentals.
- Knowledge of internal auditing, internal controls, risk management and corporate governance.
- Good communication and ability to write reports.
- Decisiveness, Resilience and Resourcefulness.
- Performance orientation and strong problem solving.
- Strategically aware of the business environment.
- Change oriented and adaptable.
- Dynamic and self-starter
Uchumi Commercial Bank Limited offers competitive salary and remuneration package designed in line with the local market. Entry salary for the above post will depend on experience and skills.
Short listed candidate will be required to meet all costs associated with interview attendance
MODE OF APPLICATION:
Applicant should send a written application including a current CV addressing the above criteria giving full details of previous and current employment, qualifications and referees to:
Uchumi Commercial Bank Limited,
P.O. Box 7811 Moshi.
Or E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Uchumi Commercial Bank Limited has a strong commitment to moral, confidentiality and safety management. If you are not contacted by Uchumi Commercial bank Limited within Seven days (7) days after the closing date, you should consider your application as unsuccessful. Late applications will not be considered. Short listed candidates may be subjected to any of the following: a security clearance; a competency assessment; physical capability assessment, reference checking.
The deadline for submitting the application is 25 February, 2021