Trias is an international development NGO working in 14 countries in Asia, Latin America, and Africa. We partner with member-based organizations (MBOs) to improve the enabling environment for rural and urban small enterprise development and to support their members-entrepreneurs. We also facilitate worldwide exchange and cooperation between MBOs. In this, Trias is strongly committed to gender equality and inclusivity. The organisation took the decision to increase the participation of leading officers originated from the intervention countries to strengthen the multicultural steering of our organisation.
The Regional Director is responsible for the translation of the overall strategic choices of Trias into context specific realities in terms of programmes and projects and for the functioning of the Trias team in East Africa.
As such the Regional Director formally represents Trias in this region, and as the main leading officer of the Trias team in the region s/he is member of the Trias Executive and reports directly to the General Director based on the agreed Key Performance Indicators. The Regional Director contributes to the smooth implementation of operations and performance of the Regional Office in Arusha within the Trias policy framework. S/he is responsible for the strategic and operational development and management of Trias programmes in the countries of the region. In addition, s/he provides result- and people- oriented leadership and guidance to the Trias team to deliver professional support to partner organisations and to ensure transparent, accountable and cost-effective management of programme resources. The Regional Director is responsible for building and managing relationships with both local partner organisations and other national and/or international stakeholders in the region.
- Academic level education, Master or higher – in relevant field e.g. Agriculture, Economic Sciences, Public Policy, Development Studies, Project Management, Strategic Management etc.;
- At least 8 years of relevant professional experience and at least 3 years in a management position. In-depth knowledge of the region is a must;
- Experience with organisational development, agricultural and rural development, enterprise development, member-based organisations, family farming and small-scale entrepreneurship, climate action, environmental management etc.;
- Gender sensitive with on the field experience in gender mainstreaming and inclusivity of excluded groups in strategic steering of programmes;
- Fluency in spoken and written English and Swahili.
- In-depth knowledge of the program management cycle, Theory of Change and monitoring and evaluation of multi- annual programmes;
- Proven experience in networking, relationship management and fundraising;
- Intercultural sensitivity, excellent communication skills, and the ability to work with a wide range of stakeholders;
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office, virtual tools.
How to apply
For the full job description or more information on this position or the procedure please contact Lode Delbare, General Director (email: email@example.com ) or Els Libbrecht, HR Coordinator (email: firstname.lastname@example.org ).
If you are interested in this position, you are invited to send your CV and motivation letter with the contact details of three reference persons, in English, before March 19 to email@example.com.
Only applications that are covering all the required documents will be considered and receive a reply.
Qualities of applicants are important, regardless of their gender, ethnicity, age, social background or disability. We strongly encourage women to apply