Sokowatch is transforming communities across Africa by revolutionizing access to essential goods and services. By connecting small shops to the digital economy, we fix inefficient supply chains and provide services that were previously unavailable. Sokowatch aims to provide everything a retailer needs, no wholesalers or banks necessary.
Thousands of retailers across Kenya, Tanzania, and Rwanda use Sokowatch’s mobile ordering and delivery platform to receive the goods they need as quickly and cheaply as possible while also accessing growth financing for the first time. We’re looking to grow our team with highly talented and motivated employees who are excited to work in a fast-paced and dynamic startup environment.
Position: Payable Accountant
We are searching for a stellar Payable Accountant to assist our Head of Payables in verifying invoices, scheduling payments, cash management, maintaining records, and posting transactions.
Locations: Dar es salaam
Sokowatch is currently hiring a Payables Accountant to be based in Dar.
The successful candidate will possess:
- 3+ years of payable experience, preferably in retail, at a company with over $100,000 USD in annual turnover, or at a leading regional or international accounting firm
- Degree in Finance, Accounting or Business Administration; CPA a plus but not required
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent accounting software user and administration skills, preferably Quickbooks
- An enthusiastic team player and strong interpersonal skills.
- A collaborative, team player with integrity and a desire to work in a dynamic, fast paced, start-up environment
- Fluency in English (both oral and written) and the ability to communicate with sophistication within a business setting.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Match purchase orders with invoices, delivery notes, goods received notes
- Liaise with the supplier relations team to confirm that contract terms have been satisfied prior to processing payment
- Maintain accurate records of invoices, payments and credit notes on the accounting system
- Verify cash and inventory numbers on accounting system
- Completes payments and controls expenses by receiving,processing,verifying, and reconciling invoices
- Verifies vendor accounts by reconciling monthly statements and related transactions
- Reconcile processed work by verifying entries and compare system reports to balances
- Qualified candidates to send their applications by 19th February 2021. The successful candidates must be ready to join us ASAP.
Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.