North Mara Gold Mine Limited is seeking to recruit a Warehouse Superintendent to join Supply Chain team. The successful candidate will ensure that all materials required by the Under Ground Operations, Capital, Process Plant, Engineering department and all other departments are received, stored and issued in accordance with policies and procedures while respecting safety and the environment. The position will report to the Supply and Commercial Manager.
- Ensures that the procedures for receipts and issues, and other transactions at the store are clearly defined and met for all storage locations at the mine;
- Implements systems to confirm that all these transactions, without exception, are properly recorded; Assures that period end, week, month or year, all transactions relating to that period are fully and correctly entered into the computer system;
- Ensures that the necessary measures are taken for the security of goods stored there;
- Ensures that shipments that do not comply with orders in terms of quantity and quality are properly managed in accordance with procedures.
- Ensures that all inventory maintenance task are executed by the warehouse operatives and that engineering are involved as and when required
- Actively participate in the organization and implementation of the inventory count for cycle counts and at year-end in accordance with the procedures;
- Checks and ensures that all data regarding receipts and issues in the system is accurate and complete;
- Ensures that all non-conforming stock is segregated and managed effectively; that weekly and monthly transfers are completed within the agreed time;that the consignment stocks are managed in accordance with established procedures; that fuel stock is managed;
- Ensures that the standards in terms of safety and environment are adhered to in the workplace and during operations covered by the store;
- Filing and archiving: Ensures that all documents are organized in an effective manner;
- Ensures that the standards for environment, hygiene and safety at the mine are adhered to
- Ensures implementation of all relevant policies and procedures relating to warehouse receipt, storage and issue and management of all storage locations
- Responsible for KPI reporting, and feedback to end users regarding receipt, storage and issue of stock
Bachelor’s degree in management with a professional experience of at least four years in the accounting and physical inventory management or equivalent experience
4 years + experience in the accounting and physical inventory management or equivalent experience
SKILLS / KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS:
- Experience in inventory accounting, the analysis and understanding of indicators inventory management, preferably experience of at least one of them years gained in an audit firm
- Have strong analytical skills and ability to write high quality reports
- Be familiar with the software inventory management
- Have very good knowledge of Excel
- Have self-control and know how to manage work-related stress
- Have leadership and personality
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
- A comprehensive compensation package including performance incentives
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact.
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team.
- Opportunities to grow and learn with the industry colleagues are endless.
Applicants are invited to submit their CV’s/Resume’s (indicating the role title in the subject) via e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are not contacted by Barrick – North Mara Gold Mine LTD within thirty (30) days after the closing date, you should consider your application as unsuccessful. Short listed candidates may be subjected to any of the following: security clearance; competency assessment; physical capability assessment, reference checking.
Please forward applications before 05th March, 2021.