North Mara Gold Mine Limited is seeking to recruit a Technical and Capital Officer to join Supply Chain team. The successful candidate will ensure that all mine purchases meet the necessary technical specifications and quality. Identify and recommend source of supply for stock, non-stock and capital items Advise supply chain team related to all technical requirements. The position will report to the Warehouse Superintendent.
- Develop and manage demand planning for UG material and equipment requirement, in collaboration with the SC team by project
- Educate end user on Supply Chain basics and Process to ensure creation, PR, reservations are done correctly and timely
- Develop a plan for slow moving items and report to management on weekly basis
- Evaluate all non-stock engineering/mining items, RFQs and POs to ensure that there is no similar item and to establish if it should be a stock item
- Evaluate RFQs raised by end users for once off items, identify source and ensure items are issued to user immediately after receipt
- Document all necessary information (refer to item creation Procedure) that will clearly define the specification for the buying house with the recommended supplier
- Ensure the appropriate evaluation of a new supplier has taken place prior placing the RFQ with the Supply Partner
- Expedite all non-stock technical items and ensure appropriate quality control
- Undertake review role for all changes proposed to existing stock items or new items by end users to ensure that there is a cost benefit and that there is a phase out plan
- On receipt of once off engineering/capital items ensure that the item complies with specification and release for to the end user as they are received
- Investigate all non-conformances relating to Engineering and mining items (whether stock or once off), and ensure corrective action is taken
- Maintain all information related to the non-stock items on Pronto/SAP
- Advise on proper long-term maintenance procedures for technical stock items
- Audit items in laydown yards and ensure all are correctly stored against weather
- Bachelor’s Degree in Procurement and Supply Chain Management or equivalent
- MBA will be an added advantage.
- Supply Chain Board Registration added advantage
Qualified artisan with at least 10 years’ experience in a mining or related environment.
SKILLS / KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS:
- Good interpersonal skills
- Demonstrate the ability to read and interpret engineering drawings
- Ability to prioritize work on own initiative
- Networking skills
- Understanding of maintenance management systems
- Commercial and negotiating skill
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
- A comprehensive compensation package including performance incentives
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact.
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team.
- Opportunities to grow and learn with the industry colleagues are endless.
Applicants are invited to submit their CV’s/Resume’s (indicating the role title in the subject) via e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are not contacted by Barrick- North Mara Gold Mine LTD within thirty (30) days after the closing date, you should consider your application as unsuccessful. Short listed candidates may be subjected to any of the following: security clearance; competency assessment; physical capability assessment, reference checking.
Please forward applications before 05th March 2021.