North Mara Gold Mine Limited is seeking to recruit a Senior Buyer and Commercial Officer to join Supply Chain team. The successful candidate will manage the procurement of all services and non-stock items ensuring that they comply with necessary operational requirements and technical specifications. Manage all intended and existing contracts entered into by the mine, ensuring that competitive and fair tender or bid processes are followed in accordance with the policies and procedures of both the mine and the Mining Local Content Regulations, and ensuring that the contracting terms are recorded and adhered to. The position will report to the Warehouse Superintendent.
- Clarify service or goods supply requirements with HODs to ensure that Requests for Quotations clearly define the requirements to potential service provider or suppliers
- Compliance with the requirements of the Mining Local Content Regulations, and engagement with the Mining Commission in line with agreed reporting and engagement
- Administers the quotations received from the potential service providers and suppliers
- Assist with the adjudication of the quote, or driving tender adjudication committees
- Participate in commercial reviews and perform commercial analysis
- Once the quote is approved, raises the Service orders on the ERP system
- Raises all service orders and non-stock orders
- Ensures that a contract is put in place and that the terms of the contract are clearly defined Maintains a register will all approved contracts
- Ensures that the original contract is with Finance and filed.
- Ensures that a copy of all contracts is kept on file; and file and archive necessary records
- Identifies all contracts that are due to expire and ensures that all open service orders are aligned with the service contract.
- Ensures that all documents are organized in an effective manner
- Ensures that the standards for environment, hygiene and safety at the mine are adhered to.
- The incumbent may be asked to perform any other tasks that are not explicitly listed above but which are related to the overall objective of the post or with those of the Department of Procurement
- Ensures implementation of all relevant policies and procedures;
- Participates in the development of procedures relating to tracking, expediting and quality.
- Responsible for KPI reporting, and feedback to end users regarding orders
- A bachelor’s degree in business, law, or management with at least two years, or equivalent experience in procurement and commercial matters
- Supply Chain Board Registration is and added advantage
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a similar role
- Mining Industry experience will be an added advantage
- Computer Literacy. (Pronto, Excel, Word, MS Power point, MS projects)
- Pronto ERP experience or related
- Business Understanding.
- Logistics knowledge
- Warehouse management knowledge
- Inventory Management knowledge
- Communication Skills – English Fluent
- Analytical Skills
SKILLS / KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS:
- Excellent administrative and commercial skills
- Excellent writing skills
- Good interpersonal skills and assertiveness
- Good working knowledge of Excel, Word and Outlook and ERP systems
- An understanding of contract law and country legal regulations will be an asset
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
- Good compensation package including performance incentives
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact.
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team.
- Opportunities to grow and learn with the industry colleagues are endless.
Applicants are invited to submit their CV’s/Resume’s (indicating the role title in the subject) via e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are not contacted by Barrick – North Mara Gold Mine LTD within thirty (30) days after the closing date, you should consider your application as unsuccessful. Short listed candidates may be subjected to any of the following: security clearance; competency assessment; physical capability assessment, reference checking.
Please forward applications before 05th March, 2021.