North Mara Gold Mine Limited is seeking to recruit an Expeditor to join Supply Chain team. The successful candidate will ensure that orders are tracked, prioritized, and expedited throughout the Supply Chain from the point of order until receipt, ensuring that competitive and fair tender or bid processes are followed in accordance with the policies and procedures of both the mine and the Mining Local Content Regulations. The position will report to the Warehouse Superintendent.
- Responsible for all procurement expediting activities, and communications with Supply Partners buying house including shipping lines and transporters.
- Responsible for managing the update report emergency orders;
- Responsible for controlling the updating shipment tracking tables
- Responsible for managing the update reports “tracking” with suppliers and carriers.
- Reviews and analyses all pending orders in line with their delivery due date, and manages the planned delivery time (from PO to consolidation point) and GR processing time( from consolidation point to receipt at the mine)
- Ensures that Supply Partners and forwarders ship orders on time;
- Ensure that suppliers and forwarders meet their commitment in terms of providing management reports, daily, weekly or monthly as required on their part;
- Ensures that all reporting and information relating to the status of a particular item on an order is up to date and available;
- Collects information relating to the status of urgent orders and advised the end user
- Prepares requests for shipping by airfreight for approval in accordance with procedures.
- Manages all Discrepancy items received from time of identification of the discrepancy to final resolution
- Filing and archiving: Ensures that all documents are organized in an effective manner
- Ensures that standards for environment, hygiene and safety at the mine are adhered to.
- The incumbent may be asked to perform any other tasks that are not explicitly listed above but which are related to the overall objective of the post or department
- Ensures implementation of all relevant policies and procedures;
- Participates in the development of procedures relating to tracking, expediting and quality.
- Responsible for KPI reporting, and feedback to end users regarding orders
- Ensuring that buyers respond to emergencies;
- Control data between “tracking report” and the computer system; Controlling monitoring non-compliant items; Control the ratio of open orders and weekly report; Control monitoring and updating of containers in transit; Any other duties required by the management.
- Lead weekly expediting and hotlist meeting with end users and partners
Tertiary qualification in Logistics, or equivalent
2 years’ experience in Supply Chain/ Logistics Management.
SKILLS / KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS:
- Strong Excel Skills; analytical skills; excellent Interpersonal skills
- Excellent working and demonstrated knowledge of ERP systems
- Ability to work in a team, communicate effectively and drive results
- Excellent communication skills and assertiveness
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
- A comprehensive compensation package including performance incentives
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact.
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team.
- Opportunities to grow and learn with the industry colleagues are endless.
Applicants are invited to submit their CV’s/Resume’s (indicating the role title in the subject) via e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are not contacted by Barrick – North Mara Gold Mine LTD within thirty (30) days after the closing date, you should consider your application as unsuccessful. Short listed candidates may be subjected to any of the following: security clearance; competency assessment; physical capability assessment, reference checking.
Please forward applications before 05th March, 2021