Tabora , Tanzania | Posted on 02/23/2021
Office Location: Western Cluster – Tabora, Tanzania (1 position)
Central Cluster – Dodoma, Tanzania (1 position)
Reporting To: The Technical Integration Cluster Manager (direct line manager) and Administration Manager (matrix line manager)
Direct reports: Office attendants and Logistics Assistants/Drivers
Position Contract Period:Up until 30th September 2021, non- renewable
At the heart of Pact is the promise of a better tomorrow. The promise of a healthy life. Of a decent livelihood. Of sustainable natural resources that benefit communities. Now more than ever in its 42-year history, Pact is helping millions of people who are poor and marginalized discover and build their own solutions and take ownership over their future.
Pact enables systemic solutions that allow those who are poor and marginalized to earn a dignified living, be healthy, and take part in the benefits that nature provides. Pact accomplishes this by strengthening local capacity, forging effective governance systems, and transforming markets into a force for development.
The Cluster Administrative Officer will be responsible for providing general administrative coordination support to the project under the direction of the Technical Integration Cluster Manager and the Administration Manager. S/He will perform a combination of routines: Program administration and logistics support functions, coordination of travel for head office and field staff, consolidation of fleet management reports, coordination of vehicle maintenance logs, and management of inventory.
- Responsible for the overall maintenance of all Pact Office premises including supervision of the office support staff making sure they perform up to the standards expected of each position.
- Assist the Cluster Manager/Administration Manager to ensure that maintenance and repairs are done in compliance with applicable regulations and according to specifications of building owners; maintains appropriate maintenance records including supervision of contractors as directed by the Cluster Manager/Administration Manager.
- Maintains fire alarm and burglar alarm systems (as appropriate) in good working order.
- Establishes a system to make regular health and safety inspections of all sites and to quickly resolve identified site issues, including the safety of grounds, parking lots, and other areas used by Pact Tanzania staff.
- Supervise and Coordinate the vehicle logistical scheduling. Ensure vehicles are maintained and repaired in good time. Review all vehicle logs and fuel log for vehicles at the Cluster office.
- Coordinate with Pact Tanzania Head Office for appropriate allocation and safe use of vehicles and ensure servicing and maintenance schedules are adhered to.
- Manage the Pact Tanzania vehicle fleet management system in line with Pact Tanzania policies and procedures to ensure accountable and efficient use of all Pact Vehicles.
- Provide monthly vehicle management reports for all Cluster Office vehicles.
- Ensures that the correct procedures are followed for issuance of property, stationery, and assignment of items to officers and ensures that property custody receipts are issued to staff removing equipment from the office and monitors the location off all Pact office property. For incoming equipment, ensures that it is tagged, recorded and that the inventory database is updated by Pact Office project and Partners.
- Initiate payments for Communication, Security, and Utilities and submit to Finance for processing of payment.
- Manage all the visits for other Pact staff visiting the Cluster including the hotel bookings, Invitations, and transport while at the Cluster. Coordinate with the Executive Assistant to coordinate Local transportation needs for programs while at the Cluster.
2) Program Support
- Provide continued support to Pact project Staff as needed to help facilitate activity deliverable.
- Work closely with the technical team to ensure administrative and logistical support are provided timely and efficiently by assisting with planning, organizing, and implementation of training and workshops taking place at the office or external venues.
3) Asset Management
- Update Cluster Office asset register to ensure that all assets are logged, issued with unique asset numbers and cards, and are tracked throughout the Pact Cluster and Tanzania country office.
- Establish an inventory system to account for all stationery and other supplies, both expendable and non-expendable supplies, furniture and equipment recording in the asset register in a manner outlined by Pact Tanzania and the Head Office.
- Ensure all Pact Tanzania field/cluster teams are aware and abide by donor-specific asset regulations and inventory management procedures.
- Manage the inventory system and update the inventory schedule
4)Supervision Of Staff
- Supervise administration assistant/receptionist, Office attendant, and Logistics Assistants.
- Promotes staff development through training, counseling, and performance evaluation of the staff of the Pact Tanzania under your supervision.
- Identifies and develops staffing requirements to meet the needs of the Cluster office General services department
- Minimum Education and Experience Requirements
- Minimum of a University degree in Administration, a Higher Diploma in business administration.
- At least 5 years’ experience in the NGO sector within Tanzania in office administration, and a good understanding of asset management and procurement processes specifically dealing with procurement of vehicle maintenance.
- Excellent knowledge of administration of donor-funded projects such as USAID, and Other Donors
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
- Customer service-oriented individual with the ability to deal with staff and service providers.
- A dedicated team player with good interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently in a high profile, fast-paced and multi-tasked environment.
- Must be able to demonstrate highly effective communications skills, both written and spoken in both English and Kiswahili to staff in the head office and field offices
- Must have a valid Tanzanian driver’s license.