JOB TITLE: DS BUYER (DRILLING SERVICES BUYER)
SALARY EXPECTATION: CONFIDENTIAL (AS PER THE BLY SCALE)
LOCATION: MWANZA WITH SEVERAL VISITS TO THE SITES
Boart Long year Tanzania Limited is a company involved in providing drilling services, drilling equipment and performance tooling for mining, and drilling to companies. The company’s drilling site is in Msalala district, Shinyanga region where the company’s operations are carried out with prospects in other areas of the lake zone.
SUMMARY OF THE POSITION:
The DS buyer responsible for commodity and supplier management from initial sourcing through delivery. This involves the process of selecting vendors, negotiation of contracts, forecasting demand, and managing the fulfillment of supply. The ds buyer’s responsibilities include achieve cost reduction, quality adherence, managing delivery as well as supplier improvement. The roll requires an effective supply chain professional to be a self-starter, communicator, motivated and someone that works well with the team and cross functional partners and eager to build high level of supply chain support to our operations in Tanzania.
TASKS & RESPONSIBILITIES:
The employee’s duties, without limitation, consist of:
- Purchase Order management
- Internal Order management
- Item data maintenance
- Sourcing activities
- Supplier Contract Management
- Communication with our operations team
- Open PO lines past due less than 5%
- Purchase Requisitions aging 0% older than seven days
- Be Fluent in English.
- Bachelor’s degree in Procurement and Supply Management, purchasing and resourcing management, stores management and stores control or any other related fields.
- 3 to 5 years of experience in procurement, expediting, and/or logistics function – preferably drilling related.
- A good knowledge of the mining industry.
- A good teamwork be able to report and follow internal procedures.
- A good administration skill (PO creation and follow up)
- MS Office Master’s
- Diligent with an analytical mind
- Candidates with the required skills stated above are highly encouraged to apply
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
- Only cover letter and CV are required. CV for Application should be endorsed by 3 referees.
If you have experience such above such experience in drilling services industry and share our Teamwork, Integrity, Health and Safety and Customer Focus values send your CV to: Recruitment.EastAfrica@boartlongyear.com
NB: Deadline for submitting applications is Saturday 22nd February 2021
Boart Longyear Tanzania Ltd is an equal opportunity employer but women are encouraged to apply.