Motorcycle Drivers (8 positions)
MDH in collaboration with Ilala, Temeke, Kinondoni, Ubungo and Kigamboni Municipal Councils invite suitable candidates to apply for the position of General Service Drivers under the mentioned Municipal Directors for nine months from January 2021 to September 2021.
Report to: Transport Officer
Duties & Responsibilities:
- To ensure that the motorcycle is in good condition at all times
- To drive carefully at all times and ensure his personal safety and that of the motorcycle
- To collect specimen from health facilities to the lab and test results from the lab to facilities
- To assist distributing tools, supplies and equipment to health facilities/ required destination
- To carry out periodic motorcycle checks to determine and report maintenance needs timely.
- To indicate up to date the motorcycle fuel and service costs records and ensure all required motorcycle reports are done accurately and submitted timely.
- To perform any other duties assigned by supervisor/ transport officer/ site manager
- A minimum of Secondary School Education, with good passes in English and Kiswahili
- Proficiency in spoken and written English and Kiswahili is essential
- Driving Certificate from a recognized institution, VETA Certificate is an added advantage
- Valid driving license of classes, ‘A’. License class ‘B’ is an added advantage
- At least three (3) years of experience in driving with public or private sector
- Ability to ride a motorcycle
- Honest, Trustworthy and able to maintain confidentiality.
- Proven good record of integrity, innovativeness, hardworking and self confidence
- Ability to record and keep trip information as trained
- Ability to work under minimum supervision
- Ability and willingness to work for long hours even outside working hours.
- Flexibility and ability to adapt to abrupt changes in Project needs at short notices
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates must be Tanzanian citizen; they should submit their application letters, CVs, Certified photocopies of certificates; introduction letters from chairman of the local government and from two referees. Applications should be submitted by 10 January, 2021 to the SHRO, Dar es Salaam Sub-grantee through e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or drop by hand at MDH HQ, Mikocheni near New Regency Park Hotel.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
No Applicant is required to pay any fee at any stage of the recruitment process.