Management and Development for Health (MDH)Jobs in Tanzania 2020: New Job Opportunities at Management and Development for Health (MDH)Overview
MDH (Sub recipient) works in collaboration with Deloitte Consulting Limited (Prime) to implement the USAID Boresha Afya – Southern Zone Program aimed at improving HIV and TB prevention, care and treatment services and outcomes across six regions of Tanzania. Through this program MDH seeks to recruit qualified individuals to fill the following vacancies which will require significant field work and travel up to 80% of the time.
Management and Development for Health (MDH) is seeking for suitable Tanzanian candidates to fill the vacant post to lead the organization in advancing its mission and vision.
In this regard MDH now invites applications from suitable, qualified and skilled persons to fill the following available vacancies below…..
Position: PEDIATRIC HIV ADVISOR- 1 post
Location: TUNDURU OFFICE
Reports to: REGIONAL TECHNICAL MANAGER
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead and oversee planning, implementation and M&E of Paediatric HIV services under the USAID Boresha Afya – Southern Zone Program, in her/his respective council(s).
- Lead implementation of key program initiatives – in her/his unit – to address program, donor and national priorities – such as Focused PITC, index HIV testing and accelerating children initiated on treatment (ACT) – in line with national guidelines.
- Provide TA to the R/CHMT and HFs in planning, implementation, M&E and reporting of Paediatric HIV services.
- Ensures that supported facilities implement integrated and comprehensive package of Pediatric HIV services at all levels through various activities and support national and global priorities in Pediatric HIV.
- Support the capacity building activities in collaboration with R/CHMTs to identify training/mentorship needs at the supported facilities and organize trainings/mentorship program for facilities level staff using currently recommended national curriculums.
- Ensure timely collection and submission of Paediatric HIV data as well as support strengthening of the related M&E systems – in collaboration with the M&E team.
- Lead efforts to robustly analyse and utilize Paediatric HIV data to inform plans, priorities and resource allocation.
- Lead efforts to identify gaps in Paediatric HIV, design and implement CQI initiatives to address the gaps identified.
- Organize and support routine meetings with key project stakeholders to share, monitor and evaluate project progress towards assigned targets.
- Prepare timely quarterly and annual narrative reports, best practices, lessons learned and other relevant documents on Paediatric HIV services as assigned by line manager.
- Support and advise the line manager on all Pediatric HIV issues and perform other relevant duties as assigned by the line manager.
Requirements: Experience, educational and professional qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in medicine or Nursing.
- Master’s degree in Public Health or related field is an added advantage.
- At least 3 years’ experience in managing public health programs/ services.
- At least 2 years’ experience in managing Pediatric HIV Programs.
- Excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills in English and Kiswahili.
- Ability to work under pressure and stringent deadlines
Interested candidates should submit an application letter indicating clearly the position applied for, a detailed copy of their CV, and names and contact information (email addresses and telephone numbers) of three work related referees. MDH does not have any agents and does not charge any fees to the interested candidates. Applications should be submitted by Monday 11th January, 2021, to the Director of Human Resource through e-mail email@example.com or dropped by hand at the MDH Head Office in Mikocheni B, along Mwai Kibaki Road, Plot No. 802.
Kindly note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.