Location: Iringa, Tanzania
About One Acre Fund
Founded in 2006, One Acre Fund supplies 1 million smallholder farmers with the agricultural services they need to make their farms vastly more productive. Our 7,000+ team is drawn from diverse backgrounds and professions. With operations across six core countries in Africa, we make farmers more prosperous by providing quality farm supplies on credit, delivered within walking distance of farmers’ homes, and agricultural training to improve harvests. On average, our farmers harvest 50 percent more food after working with One Acre Fund.
To learn more about our work, take a look at our Why Work Here blog for more information.
About The Role
We are looking for a Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) professional to join our team as a MEL Specialist in Iringa, Tanzania. As the MEL Specialist, you will support all MEL surveys and activities for the Tanzania program team. You will report to the Tanzania MEL Department Head.
- You will manage the MEL team, including a Field Coordinator and Data Coordinator. Your direct reports manage a team of 70+ staff and you will support your team through weekly check-ins, field visits, training, and career reviews.
- You will project manage all surveys, with a focus on data quality and enumerator performance management.
- You will analyze data, share results, and provide recommendations that improve our strategies.
Career Growth and Development
We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. We hold career reviews every six months, and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
Across all roles, these are the general qualifications we look for. For this role specifically, you will have:
- 3+ years experience in team management.
- 1+ years experience in monitoring and evaluation
- Experience in data analysis with Excel (can maintain complex spreadsheets and perform complex functions) required.
- Experience with statistical software (Stata, R) preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Statistics, or a related field of study is required.
- Fluency in English and Kiswahili.
Preferred Start Date
Due to the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic, start dates can vary significantly by role. We are adapting rapidly to Covid-19 and most of our team is now working remotely. Given the changing environment, we will appreciate your flexibility in confirming a start date.
- Iringa, Tanzania
- Health insurance, paid time off
Sponsor International Candidates
- No; Must have existing rights to work in Tanzania.
We hire on a rolling basis which means that applications are reviewed and processed on a continuous basis until a hire is made.
One Acre Fund never asks candidates to pay any money or pay for tests at any stage of the interview process. Official One Acre Fund emails will always arrive from an @oneacrefund.org address. Please report any suspicious communication here (email@example.com), but do not send applications or application materials to this email address.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.CLICK HERE TO APPLY!