Tatc / Shirika La Nyumbu
Tanzania Automotive Technology Centre (TATC), synonymously known as “Shirika la Nyumbu”, was formally established on the 14th December 1985, through a Presidential Order, made under the Public Corporations Act 1969. TATC’s mission is to develop a reputable capacity for automotive engineering by conducting research and innovation, technology transfer and quality assurance services.
TATC is wholly owned by the Government of the United Republic of Tanzania through the Ministry of Defence and National Service (MoDNS).
TATC seeks to recruit intelligent and result-oriented Tanzanians with high integrity to fill vacant posts mentioned below:-
PERSONAL SECRETARY III – 2 POSTS
Reports to: Administrative Officer
Duties and Responsibilities
- Types letters, minutes, circulars and other documents required for the day to day running of the Centre’s affairs.
- Receives telephone calls and book outgoing telephones as required.
- Handles incoming mails with personal attention of the officer and ensure that mails and any related correspondences are well managed and delivered personally to the intended officer.
- Follows up outstanding correspondences.
- Receives visitors, ascertain the nature of their business and relay information to the boss concerned.
- Answers routine correspondence such as acknowledgements and sending out reminders.
- Performs any other related duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
Form IV certificate ,CSEE) or Form VI certificate (ACSEE) with passes in English and Kiswahili plus Basic Technician Certificate in Secretarial Studies from a recognized Institution with a typing speed of 80 w.p.m; manuscript and tabulation stage III, Secretarial duties and office practice stage II, English or Kiswahili shorthand speed of 80 w.p.m. Passes of 100/120 will be added advantage. Computer operating Certificate in Microsoft Office Windows Platform is essential.
NB: GENERAL CONDITIONS
- Applicants must attach an up to date Curriculum Vitae (CV) having reliable contact postal address, e-mail address, telephone number and three reputable referees with their reliable contacts.
- The title of the position applied should be written in the subject of the application letter marked on the envelope.
- Applicant must attach their relevant certified copies of academic certificates, one recent passport size picture and birth certificate.
- Applicants who currently employed in the Public Service should route the application letters through their respective employers.
- Application letter should be written in Swahili or English.
Method of Application
Application should be sent to the:
The Director General,
Private Bag, Nyumbu- Kibaha, PWANI.
Tel: 0738 341 330/0738 309 363
Only shortlisted candidates will be informed on a date of interview.
Remuneration will be according to TATC Scheme of Service.