To assist the Manager, Market Risk to effectively assess and report on the Bank’s overall market risk factors and environment.
- Monitor and advise on reconciled Net Open Foreign Exchange position to reduce devaluation loss
- Perform revenue assurance and advise on reconciled treasury income (Foreign Exchange, Money Market and Fixed Income)
- Monitor and update on treasury system controls (Dealer Limits, Counterparty Limits etc.)
- Monitor and advice on thresholds for daily Liquidity risk measures (Intraday, Nostro Balance holdings, Loan to deposit ratio etc.)
- Support the MMR to drive operational risk targets (Perform Risk Control Assessment, Updates to Risk Control Committee)
- Support the MMR to drive the bank’s Market Risk Mitigation strategies and advise Management on Basel-II compliance-related issues, including the development and sanity check of models (eg Interest Rate Risk, Capital Allocation models etc)
- Support the MMR with carrying out stress testing periodically to assess the effect of extreme movements in market variables which may expose the Bank to high market-related risks, be it interest rate risk, liquidity risk, etc.
- Advise the MMR and Bank management of any significant changes and developments in local and foreign capital and debt markets and economies.
- Supporting the MMR to ensure that the Bank is following and adhering to various limits (institutions, sectors, etc.) as approved by the Board; Assisting the SMR to review the efficacy and necessity of established limits on a yearly basis.
- Supporting the MMR to analyze loss data for the purpose of identifying opportunities for improvement, rendering advice on optimizing the risk of the overall portfolio of the Bank on an as-needed basis.
- Assist MMR in consolidating and prepare bank monthly PRICO pack.
- Compile and prepare of the bank’s monthly ALCO Pack for ALCO deliberations
- Maintaining maximum flexibility in order to participate in Asset and Liability Committee (ALCO) sessions as an invited guest or work on special investigative assignments as requested to by the SMR
- Business understanding of treasury transactions and macro-economics
- Financial modeling, statistical analysis, Data analytics and Business intelligence
- Analytical, communication, creative problem-solving, follow-up, integrity, judgment, self-directed work.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or its equivalent in a Finance related field. (Economics, Actuary, Accounting etc)
- Additional Finance related certifications e.g. ACI will be considered as an added plus
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience working in the finance/banking/audit industry/Actuarial
NMB Plc is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Please be advised that if you are not contacted within 14 working days of the advert closing date then you have not been shortlisted.
“NMB Bank Plc does not charge any fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it”.
The deadline for submitting the application is 01 December 2020