Job Title: Supply Chain Analyst
Department/Unit: Performance and Analytics
Location: Masaki, Dar es Salaam
Reports to: Team Lead
The Global Health Supply Chain Program – Technical Assistance – Tanzania (GHSC-TA-TZ) project, supported by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID), provides expert technical assistance to Tanzania to strengthen country supply chain systems across all health elements, e.g., malaria, family planning (FP), HIV/AIDS, tuberculosis (TB) and maternal, newborn and child health (MNCH). In coordination with in-country and development partners, GHSC-TA-TZ assists Government of Tanzania health programs by providing strategic planning and implementation assistance; improving the delivery of health commodities to service sites; providing capacity building support to broaden stakeholders’ understanding and engagement of the supply chain system; and strengthening enabling environments to improve supply chain performance.
To lead the project’s research agenda, develop and prioritize research questions, analyze supply chain data, conduct root cause analysis, and package and disseminate findings.
- Specific responsibilities will include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Develop supply chain research questions
- Working with GoT and other stakeholders, prioritize those questions
- Create processes and methods/approaches to answer research questions
- Using performance data (from eLMIS, ILSGate way, and other routine and ad hoc data sources), analyze the performance of the supply chain, and identify problem areas
- Conduct root cause analysis of supply chain performance, identifying determinants of product availability Using performance data, identify areas of potential cost savings
- Prepare research findings – in tables, graphs, visual presentations and reports for sharing with internal and external stakeholders
- Design and conduct issues-based workshops to educate key supply chain staff in common problems observed.
- Work collaboratively to develop interventions/so lutions for addressing supply chain bottlenecks
- Support GHSCTA-TZ teams in the collection and analysis of data to measure and track project monitoring indicators.
- Mentor key counterparts including LMU, CHMT, RHMT to strengthen their capacity to use key supply chain information for decision making
- Help foster trusting relationships with partners
- Undertake any other responsibilities, tasks or activities as required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- An advanced degree or a Masters Degree in Epidemiology and Biostatics, Health Services Research, Statistics, Health Informatics, Data Science, Business Analytics, Public Health, Pharmacy or other relevant area
- Skills in SPSS, STATA, and other statistical software packages
- Previous experience in data analysis.
- Knowledge health supply chains in Tanzania
- Experience in HIV/AIDS, malaria, reproductive health and essential medicines programs strongly desired.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English and Swahili
- Excellent technical writing and oral presentation skills highly desired
- A proven ability to work as part of a team and to be self-managing
- Proficiency in MS Office packages
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy
- Experience working with an international NGO preferred
- Previous work experience with USAID-funded projects desirable
HOW TO APPLY
If you are interested in applying this position please send your resume, cover letter to
And kindly include title you are applying for in the subject line.
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected for interview will be contacted.
Deadline for submission shall be on December 1st, 2020. GHSC – TA – TZ is an equal opportunity employer.