POST: DIRECTOR OF KNOWLEDGE MANAGEMENT – 1 POST
POST CATEGORY(S) IT AND TELECOMS
EMPLOYER Tanzania Commission for Science and Technology (COSTECH)
APPLICATION TIMELINE: 2020-11-26 2020-12-09
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- To promote knowledge sharing through the organization’s and strengthen links between sharing and information system;
- To monitor and evaluate the knowledge sharing program, including internal benchmarking and programs;
- To manage systems and knowledge and play key role in transforming the organization into learning organization;
- To lead in the development of institution culture, processes, infrastructure and information resources to facilitate the creation and utilization of knowledge institution;
- Improve knowledge sharing within COSTECH and with stakeholders in order to create new knowledge that will enable learning and innovate as knowledge institution;
- To conduct annual knowledge audits for systematic identification and analysis of knowledge needs, products and services, flows, users, and gaps from perspective of learning lessons;
- To promote knowledge creation during internal and external events, through support to the design and facilitation of events/key meetings, in order to promote, document and create new knowledge and learning through informal and semi-formal exchange;
- To develop short and long term programmes of collecting, processing and dissemination of information on scientific and technological development;
- To advise on matters pertaining to the development of documentation and information at all levels;
- To cooperate with national and international research and development institutions and data centers for the purpose of collecting and exchanging science, technology information;
- To keep the scientific community and the general public informed about the developments in science and technology through various means of communication;
- To spearhead the establishment of the innovative network of academic and research institutions that will enable them to work together in a highly-connected environment where they can engage themselves in scientific endeavors from discovery to science diplomacy;
- To continuously monitor and provide technical guidance for the review of existing laws and advice on appropriate laws and regulations necessary to be promulgated to improve upon the ICT environment that will attract direct foreign investment.
- To develop resource mobilization strategy that will include sale of information and information services;
- To advise on formulating related standards, regulation and guidance including system security and risk management;
- To provide support and advice to the Director General on strategy and detailed work programming with regards to the last miles connections to the national fiber optic backbone network;
- To conceptualize ,establish and maintain active and relevant information systems of benefit to the Commission and to the entire scientific community, nationally, regionally and internationally;
- To plan ,organize and call for meetings of the R&D Advisory Committee on ICT on quarterly basis;
- To harmonize the work of ICT R&D committee in line with other R&D Advisory Committees;
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Holder of a Master Degree in Computer Science/Engineering, Information Technology or Innovation (STI) fields with knowledge of Information Management and/or Science Communication. PhD will be an added advantage.
- In undergraduate must have attained a Bachelor Degree in Computer Science/ Engineering, Information Technology or Innovation or equivalent qualifications from a recognized Institution.
- Demonstrated work experience of 10 years in managerial position where team work and flexibility were paramount. Evidence based contribution to scientific publications in reputable journals, books, and conferences.
- Sound understanding of the ICT Innovation system in Tanzania will be an added
REMUNERATION COSS 14
The deadline for submitting the application is 09 December 2020