AKEST is looking to hire the following position based in Dar es Salaam:
Personal Assistant to CEO
The Personal Assistant to the CEO supports the CEO and the Chairman of the Board in the conduction of their work. S/he also provides support to other Central Office managers and Heads of Schools in booking travel and other arrangements. The PA will also coordinate all efforts for handling day to day tasks assisting CEO and Central Office.
- Assist the CEO in preparing and distributing correspondence, reports and other material relating to AKEST matters. Organize and prioritize incoming correspondence for action by the CEO. Maintain the CEO’s schedule and calendar, providing reminders for meetings and scheduling as appropriate
- Develop and maintain a well-organized filing system for all correspondence, reports and reference material related to the CEO’s work, such that any documents can be located within minutes of being requested
- Support the CEO and Central Office with agendas and minutes of all meetings
- Notify Board members and Corporate Secretary of Board meetings with sufficient notice; organize Board and Board committee meetings; prepare copy and distribute Board papers and support Board members in travel arrangements.
- Maintain accurate records of Board meetings – notice, attendance and minutes – in a well-organized filing system.
- Support the CEO and Chairman of the Board with other meetings as requested by carrying out the activities in points (3) and (4).
Applicants should have the following qualifications and experience:
- Diploma in Secretarial Studies from an accredited college and Executive PA course will be added advantage
- At least two years working experience in similar position in school environment
- Proficiency in English as a first language and Microsoft Office packages
- Good understanding of, and experience in, education management
- Understanding of 21st century education practices, strategies and frameworks
- Flexibility to work on weekends and evenings
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) skills
- Strong planning and preparation skills
- Team player
- High level of integrity
- Ability to multi-task
Applications should include a detailed curriculum vitae, copies of relevant certificates, testimonials and names of three professional referees, emailed by 4th December, 2020 to:
The Human Resources Manager
Aga Khan Education Service Tanzania
P O Box 125
DAR ES SALAAM
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted