We are a diversified standalone African financial services group, delivering an integrated set of products and services across personal and business banking, corporate and investment banking, wealth, investment management and insurance.
Absa Group Limited is listed on the JSE and is one of Africa’s largest diversified financial services groups with a presence in 12 countries across the continent and around 41 000 employees.
We own majority stakes in banks in Botswana, Ghana, Kenya, Mauritius, Mozambique, the Seychelles, South Africa, Tanzania (ABSA Bank in Tanzania and National Bank of Commerce), Uganda and Zambia. We also have representative offices in Namibia and Nigeria, as well as insurance operations in Botswana, Kenya, Mozambique, South Africa, Tanzania and Zambia.
Position: Transformation Change Enablement Lead
Location: Absa House – ABT
Bring your possibility to life! Define your career with us
With over 100 years of rich history and strongly positioned as a local bank with regional and international expertise, a career with our family offers the opportunity to be part of this exciting growth journey, to reset our future and shape our destiny as a proudly African group.
The role of Transformation Change Enablement Lead is based at the Head Office 2nd Floor COO Area. Within this role you will be a visionary leader, accountable for setting the vision and direction to deliver a single view of change across the Bank. Being a credible subject matter expert in transformational change, you will be responsible for leading, planning and the governance of our change portfolio,
ensuring that projects are delivered on time, within budget and that the bank continues to provide excellent services to its customers. You will also lead, develop and inspire our change delivery resource, creating a significant step change in performance to enable ‘best in class’ change delivery.
As the Transformation Change Enablement Lead you will be required to focus on 3 main areas; Continuous Improvement and professional delivery, project and programme delivery and portfolio assurance and governance compliance. Within these areas there is a requirement for creating a compelling vision for
the ABT’s change and transformation to clarify the direction and smooth the process of change, whilst showcasing best practice change leadership.
As part of heading the Change Management Team, you will be responsible and have accountability of the budget and ensuring that the appropriate resourcing is in place to deliver strategic objectives. Once change has been established, this needs to be shared throughout the business and successfully
embedded in each division.
- The role holder will be accountable for the delivery of portfolio of strategic transformational programmes within Absa Bank Tanzania through high quality team of portfolio, project and programme managers. To build and grow the team as required by Absa Bank
- Driving strategy and shaping demand development with business stakeholders, and formulating a firm demand pipeline based on agreed solutions to business requirements and aspirations
- To support the business in successful planning of a complex Portfolio of change, including resource management, financial planning, release management, delivery scheduling
- Responsible for managing of a significant portfolio of projects, potentially within a geographic area or region, comprising of both experienced and less experienced portfolio managers. Manage the approved BOW effectively
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to management upwards and downwards, working closely with senior business leaders
- The jobholder will represent the whole change community for a given location and will have key influence with local executives up to MD level as well as key stakeholders within the Country Management Committees (CMC). They will effectively be responsible for the timely delivery and appropriate quality of the portfolio which will represent local as well as ARO strategic change initiatives.
- Bachelor`s Degrees and Advanced Diplomas: Business, Commerce and Management Studies (Required)