Grumeti Fund Trust
The Project Officer, Rural Enterprise Development (RED) is a multi-disciplined individual primarily tasked with implementing the end-to-end Rural Enterprise Development program for the Grumeti Fund Trust within Bunda and Serengeti districts of Mara Region, Tanzania. This implementation includes the operational day-to-day running of the program as well as the functional delivery of the program outcomes (i.e. Guiding of entrepreneurs and facilitation/training of entrepreneurs and rural community members). The Rural Enterprise Development program is being implemented under the technical direction of Raizcorp, a business incubator based in South Africa.
DUTY STATION GRUMETI: MARA REGION, TANZANIA
REPORTING LINE: COMMUNITY OUTREACH PROGRAM (COP) MANAGER
The Project Officer’s key responsibilities include:
- Successfully undergoing induction training with Raizcorp. This induction training may take up to two months and the Project Officer will need to be flexible enough to attend such training electronically. It includes completing, and successfully passing all assessments, observations and evaluations. The Project Officer will be required to participate in ongoing training and development, which may be done either electronically or via travel to Raizcorp Base Camp South Africa.
- Training community members/entrepreneurs:
- The Project Officer will be expected to attend Raizcorp Facilitator Training, complete and pass all assessments and evaluation and submit to learning and facilitation observation sessions.
- The Project Officer must proactively study, question, understand and be able to apply all Raizcorp based learning and training courses that he/she will need to deliver to community members / entrepreneurs.
- The Project Officer must critically understand, and be able to apply all Raizcorp based learning methodologies, practices and standards to a diverse audience.
- All learning / facilitation / training must be delivered to the required standard as determined by Raizcorp.
- Collate all information required by Raizcorp and/or the Grumeti Fund with which to measure the impact of learning courses delivered.
- Guiding established entrepreneurs (when/where required):
- The Project Officer conducts detailed entrepreneur sessions on a weekly basis that is both backward and forward looking, taking key business drivers into consideration.
- Maintains client files and updates information monthly and within reporting deadlines.
- The Project Officer will be required to write reports and submit them to Raizcorp and the Grumeti Fund COP Program Manager within 48 hours of having a session with an entrepreneur. The report is required to be factually correct, grammatically sound, and meet the minimum standard set out for reporting at Raizcorp. Although training is provided, it is the Project Officer’s responsibility to ensure that they are familiar with the reporting standards as they may change from time to time. Reporting is to be logged electronically via e-mail.
- Adheres to all the requirements of the Raizcorp Academy.
- Provides quarterly testimony regarding entrepreneur performance.
- Keeps apprised of relevant legislation that may impact the small business sector or relevant industries being catered to in the rural development program.
- Applies knowledge of changed legislation in the small business environment to entrepreneur sessions.
- Collates all information required by Raizcorp and/or the Grumeti Fund with which to measure the impact of learning courses delivered.
- Meticulously completes all administrative tasks, including learning administration and report writing (quarterly and ad hoc as required by Raizcorp and the Grumeti Fund) to the required quality outlined by Raizcorp and to the agreed deadline dates.
- The Project Officer must administer and update all Raizcorp provided systems at least on a weekly basis to ensure all information, learning/guiding attendance, statistics and compliance remains highly accurate at all times.
- The Project Officer accepts and understands that all learning/guiding/project administration must be done with strong urgency to ensure both Raizcorp and Grumeti Fund have full, detailed insight to the program delivery and information at all times. The Project Officer must complete all systems-related administration at least once a week on the allocated administration day; however, capturing learning/guiding attendance should be done immediately before/after such session as best practice.
TYPICAL WORKING WEEK
A working week for the Project Officer, once initial training has been completed comprises a six-day work week with Sundays off.
The job will be both field- and office- based.
Three leave cycles, of 20 days each, will be provided per annum. Costs associated with travel to the site of recruitment will be provided.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or related field preferred.
- A good all-round understanding and passion for business and entrepreneurship. Although being an entrepreneur is not an express requirement, it is preferred.
- Experience in project management will be highly advantageous.
- A sound business knowledge and a minimum of five years’ experience.
- Strong background experience in facilitation, coaching and/or mentoring.
- Strong, disciplined administrator and ideally should be used to head-office style reporting.
- Experience in rural enterprise development and a good understanding of policy issues related to this sector is a plus.
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Swahili is a must
- A valid drivers’ license.
- Computer knowledge at least in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- The candidate must possess skills and ability to interact with people from all background especially from local communities.
- Candidate applying for this position must be a person with empathy.
- Highly engaged team player with strong collaborative spirit.
- The proven ability to work independently, without supervision, while delivering on project outcomes and deadlines.
- A defined ability to build and maintain effective people relationships.
- Strong solutioning capability and pro-active need to solution around problems.
- Out-of-the box thinking and creativity.
- Good attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to work under pressure and deadlines.
- Open to change and to new opportunities to learn.
- Not afraid of confrontation and challenging people engagement.
- Ability to take constructive criticism and take corrective action to make improvement.
- Emotional maturity and ability to take ownership and accountability.
Mode of application:
Interested applicants with qualifications for this position should submit their applications letter and CV with details of their abilities and qualifications and at least three (3) contact persons via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org and or by postal mail clearly addressed to:
HEAD OF DEPARTMENT
HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGEMENT
P.O.BOX 65, MUGUMU, SERENGETI, TANZANIA.
Deadline for receiving Applications is 07th October 2020.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Grumeti Fund Trust is an equal opportunity employer, women with qualifications are highly encouraged to apply.