Job Locations TZ
Job ID 2020-1485
# of Openings 1
Program Delivery (PDEL) – Pact exists to help create a world where those who are poor and marginalized exercise their voice, build their own solutions, and take ownership of their future. The Program Delivery Team, contributes to realizing this purpose by: Forging smart partnerships and treating all people with dignity and respect; Applying organizational policies and regulatory compliance appropriately and consistently; Facilitating team spirit among colleagues and promoting the organization through communications; Influencing decision makers through focused, relevant communications; Continually striving to learn and share knowledge and find small ways to make the workplace more enjoyable for all; Cultivating and harvesting innovation; Contributing to the organization’s ability to think and act strategically at all times; Inspiring and spreading our desired organizational culture across the global enterprise.
Pact seeks an experienced Chief of Party for the anticipated upcoming USAID/Tanzania Comprehensive Client-Centered Health Program HIV and Tuberculosis Activity (C3HP-HIV/TB). USAID/Tanzania intends to award a contract to support the Government of Tanzania’s (GOT) Ministry of Health and Social Welfare, Elderly and Children (MOHCDGEC) and the President’s Office- Regional Administration and Local Government (PORALG) at the central level and in target Mainland regions to deliver high-quality integrated HIV and TB prevention care and treatment services that will improve health outcomes, particularly for youth and women. The acquisition will increase the demand for and use of quality integrated HIV and Tuberculosis services in target regions by improving access to quality services in both facilities and the surrounding communities, promoting positive health-seeking behaviors among Tanzania’s populace, and enhancing the overall policy environment for HIV/TB service delivery. This is anticipated to be a five-year activity. More information can be found here on beta.sam.gov. This position is contingent upon award.
- The Chief of Party (COP) will provide overall technical and administrative leadership and expertise for the project.
- S/he will be responsible for the overall management and implementation of the contract and the project and will serve as the primary liaison with the USAID Contracting Officer’s Representative (COR) on management and technical matters,
- S/he will ensure compliance with USAID rules/regulations and Pact processes.
- S/he will ensure that the project meets stated goals, outcomes, benchmarks, and reporting requirements.
- S/he will take a leadership role in coordination among USAID and key stakeholders, including partners, government stakeholders, civil society, and other USAID projects.
- S/he will manage and coordinate the implementation of activities across project partners, ensuring successful integration of activities.
- S/he will liaise closely with Pact Tanzania’s Country Director and finance team, and Pact’s U.S. team to ensure that all project activities are compliant with USG rules and regulations, as well as consistent Pact’s policies, procedures and best practices.
- S/he will oversee project planning (i.e., development of work plans and project budget), monitoring and reporting (i.e., review and approve periodic budgets and technical and financial reports) in accordance with the highest standards.
- S/he will oversee project budget and work in close coordination with the Finance/Operations Manager to meet expected results, ensuring cost-effective use of donor and Pact’s resources.
- S/he will provide strategic management and oversight of the project’s sub-contract and Grants Under Contract portfolio.
- S/he will oversee project staff in helping partners establish reporting and tracking systems to provide key information in an efficient and timely manner.
- S/he will ensure that program meets programmatic and financial targets and makes accurate projections.
- S/he will represent the project at conferences, working groups, and meetings to support USAID and Pact’s thought leadership in public health, capacity development, and civil society strengthening.
- Master’s Degree from an accredited university in public health or a relevant field.
- At least ten years of experience in international development.
- At least eight years of experience as a COP or in a comparable managerial position on donor-funded public health projects, preferably for USAID programs.
- Experience in Africa, preferably Tanzania.
- Experience leading teams, achieving deliverables, and working under USAID contracts.
- Knowledge of USAID rules, regulations and policies.
- Demonstrated leadership skills.
- Demonstrated track record of successfully building and effectively managing a diverse team of employees and partners.
- Demonstrated ability to work in complex environments, and work with and between different stakeholders.
- Ability to develop and maintain strong relationships with government and civil society stakeholders.
- Demonstrated skills in problem solving and consensus building.
- Ability to travel within Tanzania and occasionally internationally, when health and safety concerns regarding COVID-19 diminish.
- Knowledge of the political, social, and economic context of Tanzania.
- At least seven years’ experience managing complex health and HIV/AIDS and or HIV/TB projects within a non-profit organization in a developing country context.
- Tanzanian nationals are encouraged to apply.
Pact is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, citizenship status, genetic information, matriculation, family responsibilities, personal appearance, credit information, tobacco use (except in the workplace), membership in an employee organization, or other protected classifications or non-merit factors.