ABOUT WAACHE WASOME PROJECT:
Waache Wasome is a five – year Project (Dec 2016 – September 2021), funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) and implemented by World Education, Inc. (WEI/Bantwana) in Partnership with SHDEPHA+ at Karatu DC, The goal of the project is increasing adolescent girls’ enrolment and retention in secondary school
SHDEPHA+Kahama is seeking a committed and motivated candidates to fill job vacancies below…
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· To oversee and coordinate all activities which aims at building the agency, knowledge and protective assets of girls in secondary schools through Protect Our Youth (POY) Clubs. The POY clubs provide safe spaces in schools where girls can build protective assets that reduce vulnerabilities and expand opportunities. The POY clubs focuses on the enhancement of girls’ self – esteem, self – confidence, decision making abilities, leadership skills and ability to challenge violence in schools and communities.
· To oversee and coordinate all activities which aims at increasing family commitment and capacity to invest in girls’ education.
· To oversee and coordinate all activities that aims at fostering a girl friendly and supportive school environment
· Oversee and coordinate all issues related to providing alternative education pathway for girls who have dropped out of secondary schools due to pregnancy and/or early marriage
· Facilitate the process for development/ preparation and review Progress and action plans to reach targets.
· Participate in meetings with WEI Tanzania
· Provide technical support to the Team
· Work in a professional manner with Finance department to run the project smooth
· Ensure timely submission of reports to WEI and SHDEPHA+
· Be flexible and accomplish any tasks given by line manager (Program Director)
Review the project proposal, budget, targets, key performance indicators and ensure that the planning is realistic (Measurable, Reportable & Verifiable), both in terms of budget and implementation. Develop detailed work plans and budget in coordination with the respective partners as required;
· Assist project staff and partners to develop their plans in line with the required project objectives and deliverables.
· Support the project team by providing longer-term vision, strategic direction and appropriate planning aligned with SHDEPHA+ Organizational network plan.
· Review the project plans weekly, monthly and annually to ensure that they are realistic, both in terms of budget and overall project plan.
· Work with the concerned staff and partners to ensure effective implementation of the project.
· Regularly review & track the project progress against milestones and take corrective action where required, raising issues with the concerned personnel as needed timely and professionally.
· Promote and maintain effective partnerships with the partners and beneficiaries.
· Guide and lead the project team to achieve specific goals, objectives, and Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) of the project.
· Ensure that work is appropriately delegated, and staff members are empowered to carry out tasks independently where appropriate matching their skills and capacity.
· Ensure efficient project management procedures are implemented to enable monitoring of projects and accurate reporting of progress.
· Ensure strict adherence to SHDEPHA+’ ethics, policy and pro-actively encourage transparency and openness in all activities.
· Manage financial resources of selected tasks and components while coordinating with the SHDEPHA+ Finance officer regarding budget control and financial procedures.
· Networking with Government and non-Government Organizations, and Private Sectors; Build strong relationships with the government authorities and arrange field visits and regular progress review meetings where necessary.
· Learn good practices from other organizations and reflect these in the project.
· Represent SHDEPHA+ in building and maintaining relationships and partnerships with relevant service providers, government, national and international development partners, local stakeholders and communities, private sectors, and funder Partners representatives for effective implementation of projects.
· Prepare project progress reports (Monthly, Quarterly and Annual) based on a structured M&E framework including a review on financial report and provide necessary feedback.
· In cooperation with M&E to Ensure quality monitoring data collection from the field and timely reporting.
· Supervise, coach, and provide mentorship to the project staff.
· Assist in the recruitment of project staff (as and when required) Manage the performance of the project staff.
· Develop plans for capacity-building of the project team to enable the team to be more self-standing in the future.
· Support effective communications and joint working within the team and with other teams across the organization.
· Identify and discuss with Programs Director/ Deputy Programs Director of any potential future funding opportunities which present themselves in the country and provide advice on their suitability and potential alignment with the SHDEPHA+ strategic direction.
· Initiate and participate in developing funding proposals Other Ad-hoc Tasks Be cognizant of the wider implications of the project, working effectively with other SHDEPHA+ functions in-in the region: Finance, Quality team and program as appropriate.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· Bachelor’ degree in a relevant field (Health, Community development, rural development, Social Science, Management, Business Administration, international development, Project Management etc.)
· At least five (3) years’ experience in managing projects funded by international agencies or development partners.
· At least three (3) years’ experience in a management position with Local or international organizations.
· Understanding of priority, key and vulnerable population programming and related policies and guidelines.
· Track record of delivering project goals within deadlines and budgets across public and private sectors and with NGOs.
· Demonstrable track record of effectively building and sustaining key external and internal relationships at community, utility, and Governmental levels to realize project goals.
· Leading and managing project teams of stakeholders including staff.
· Strong analytical and inter-personal skills
· Ability to prioritize, meets deadlines and work on multiple tasks
(Salary scale 1.5 to 2 Million)
JOB APPLICATION PROCEDURE
SHDEPHA+ is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of Age, race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.
METHOD OF APPLICATION;
· All applications are to be lodged through email: firstname.lastname@example.org
· All candidates are required to mention the ‘Position Title’ on the subject line of the e-mail.
· All applicants MUST attach cover letter and their updated Curriculum Vitae with certified copies of academic certificates as supporting documents to their applications.
· All applications should be submitted not later than 16:00 HRS on Tuesday, 13 October 2020
· For more information, Kindly visit our website: www.shdepha-kahama.com