Location: Dar Es Salaam, TZ
Job Function: Finance
Job Type: Permanent
Job Requisition ID: 4697
About the Unit
YARA Tanzania is duly registered company under the Laws of Tanzania as a subsidiary of Fertilizers Holdings AS. with headquarters in Dar es Salaam. The aim is developing a market concept that increase the number of farmers using fertilizer in Tanzania including better knowledge in plant nutrition, improved distribution and logistics. One of Yara investments in the country includes the construction of a 40 KT bulk terminal near the port of Dar Es Salaam which handles importation of bulk fertilizer, packaging and sale in Tanzania, Rwanda and Burundi
Head of Finance is a position based in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania as the overall strategic advisor for the business and responsible for the functions of Finance and Control to ensure implementation of sound accounting, financial management, control system and procedures for the local entity.
- Management: As part of local management team, support the Country Manager within the areas of finance, accounting and controlling and implementation of the countries strategy while ensuring working capital is managed efficiently and in the most optimal manner.
- Reporting: Ensure quality and timely reporting of the financial statement, statutory and tax reporting.
- Facilitate Business Plan process and ensure quality input and timely reporting together with the Country Manager.
- Compliance: Ensure compliance with Corporate Governance, Yara’s accounting principles, local IRFS/tax regulations and Yara’s ICFR (Internal Control over Financial Reporting) principles.
- Tax: Responsible for the quality of any outsourced activity (accounting, tax)
- Ensure preparation and filing of statutory reporting is performed according to local requirements.
- Collaboration: Lead and develop the Finance team in line with Yara values and performance management requirements.
- Build and develop effective working relations with all internal and external stakeholders.
ACADEMIC & PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS
- University degree in Finance and/or Accounting.
- Chartered Accountant (CPA, ACCA)
- Competent in IFRS and local tax regulations.
- Working Knowledge of ERP systems (SUN,SAP
- Minimum of 10 years working experience 5 (five) of which should be in a multinational company
- 5 years’ experience in a senior/managerial finance role within a global entity.
- Fluent in English and Kiswahili languages.
- Technical Competencies—Governance, Risk and Controlling, Accounting, IFRS understanding
- Interpersonal Competencies—Relationship Management, Communication, conflict management, personal effectiveness and credibility.
- Business Competencies—Business Acumen, Critical Evaluation.
- Competent in advanced microsoft office applications.
Apply no later than 27th October 2020