SHDEPHA+ In partnership with FHI360, is implementing a five-year global project funded by the U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) and the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID).The Meeting Targets and Maintaining Epidemic Control (EpiC) project is dedicated to achieve and maintain HIV epidemic control. The project provides strategic technical assistance (TA) and direct service delivery (DSD) to break through barriers to 95-95-95 and promote self-reliant management of national HIV programs by improving HIV case-finding, prevention, and treatment programming. EpiC will be implementing an HIV service delivery project among key and priority populations, adolescent girls, and young women (AGYW) which aims to reduce HIV infections in pursuit of reaching 95-95-95 goals. To achieve this goal, the program will support targeted prevention and case finding strategies at community level among the targeted populations.
SHDEPHA+Kahama is seeking a committed and motivated candidates to fill internship below…
PROJECT ACCOUNTANT (1 Position-volunteer/internship)
LOCATION: ARUSHA REGION
The assistant accountant will be supporting an accountant and finance department to coordinate and supervise financial activities of the project. This shall include the timely preparation and submission of financial and accounting reports and documents including cash books, payment vouchers, bank reconciliation statements, budget compliance reports and any other financial reports that may be required by EpiC project.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Preparing financial documents such as invoices, bills, and accounts payable and receivable
- Completing purchase orders
- Managing payroll
- Completing financial reports on a regular basis and providing information to the finance team.
- Assisting with budgets planning and reviews
- Completing bank reconciliations
- Entering financial information into appropriate software programs
- Managing day-to-day transactions.
- Recording Project expenditures and ensuring these expenses are within the set budget ceilings.
- Assisting the finance department and senior accounting staff members with various tasks, including preparing budgets, records, and statements
- Handling accruals and pre-payments
- Reviewing computer reports for accuracy and meticulously tracing errors back to their source
- Resolving errors in financial reports and correcting faulty reporting methods
Qualification and experience
- Holder of bachelor’s degree in accounting and finance or equivalent qualification from a recognized institution.
- Experience of at least three (3) years in working with Donor funded projects
- Holder of CPA Professional is an added advantage
- Must be computer literate
- Knowledgeable on accounting packages will be an added advantage.
JOB APPLICATION PROCEDURE
METHOD OF APPLICATION;·
· All candidates are required to mention the ‘Position Title’ on the subject line of the e-mail.
· All applicants MUST attach cover letter and their updated Curriculum Vitae with certified copies of academic certificates as supporting documents to their applications.
· All applications should be submitted not later than 16:00 HRS on Tuesday, 13 October 2020
· For more information, Kindly visit our website: www.shdepha-kahama.com