Chief Executive Officer
Phoenix of Tanzania Assurance Company Limited (PTAL) is a General Insurance Company based in Tanzania and is part of MUA LTD. MUA LTD is established in Mauritius, Kenya, Uganda and Rwanda.
The company has built a strong reputation and solid expertise with a current GCR Rating of AA- and offers all classes of General Insurance including Aviation, Marine Hull and Travel.
Below are the requirements for the position.
Position: Chief Executive Officer
Reporting to: Board of Directors
Provide overall direction to the business with full responsibility over the performance of the Company.
- Provide the Board of Directors with all relevant information, trends in the industry and recommendations to enable them make informed policy decisions.
- Maintain public confidence in the services offered by the company by developing and promoting effective industry management practices and income protection mechanisms.
- Ensure that the company’s risk exposure to insurance losses is properly assessed and managed to minimize claims against reserve fund and maintain competitive insurance premium rates.
- Ensure that the company has adequate financial resources to meet its mandate.
- Lead in the formulation and implementation of the strategic plan and corporate policies. This includes but not limited to planning for impact of changes in the insurance industry,future expansions, alliances and affiliations.
- Ensure employee commitment to corporate vision, values and strategies.
- Recruit, direct and develop senior staff and manage their performance.
- Establish operational priorities and the allocation of resources in accordance with the Company’s mandate, mission and business plans.
- Approve all operating policies and procedures, including but not limited to Marketing, ICT, Underwriting, Human Resources and Finance. Recommend to the Board for approval of all governance, philanthropy, investment, and corporate compliance policies.
- Approve and maintain control over budget and finances of the company. Approve major expenditures, determine planning for capital improvement, oversee and approve major operational decisions.
- Maintain effective stakeholder relations with the various players in the industry.
- Any other duties that fall under the docket of a Chief Executive Officer of Phoenix of Tanzania Assurance Ltd’
- Qualified Insurer, Fellow of the Chartered Insurance Institute (FCII)& Chartered insurer
- MBA from a recognized university.
- At least 15 years of experience at Senior Management or CEO level.
- Regional exposure in Kenya, Uganda and Rwanda.
- Ability to think strategically
- Excellent leadership skills
- Professionalism and infallible work ethics
- Successful team builder
- Interested candidates are requested to send their motivation letter and CV by the 30th of October 2020 to
Phoenix of Tanzania Assurance Co. Ltd.
Phoenix House, Mezzanine Floor
P.O. Box 5961
Dar es Salaam
The company reserves the right to call only the best qualified candidates for the selection exercise.
Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
The company also reserves the right not to proceed with the vacancy