Tanzania, Norwegian Refugee Council
NRC Tanzania is looking for competent driver
Purpose of the driver is to run official transport errands with people and cargo/materials to the destinations as instructed by approved NRC officers. All NRC employees are expected to work in accordance with the organisation’s core values: dedication, innovation, inclusivity and accountability. These attitudes and believes shall guide our actions and relationships..
Employer: Norwegian Refugee Council
Employment type: Permanent position
Percentage of full-time: 100
Webcruiter ID: 4297754443
Duties and responsibilities
- Drive staff and NRC visitors on official duties, on instruction by Fleet-in-Charge
- Maintain a logbook for all trips undertaken
- Pick, drop and circulate mail, letters, contracts, proposals, documents and cargo/materials to the required destination
- Operate the NRC designated vehicle in accordance with NRC policies and procedures
- Maintain assigned NRC vehicle in proper operating condition at all times including fueling, securing, cleaning, timely minor repairs and reporting to the Fleet Supervisor of required major repairs
- In liaison with the Fleet In-Charge arrange for major repairs and servicing of the assigned vehicle at the right intervals.
- Ensure the assigned vehicle has all the required legal and other documents and equipment including vehicle insurance, vehicle licenses, vehicle logs, first aid kit and necessary spare parts and tools
- Report immediately eventualities like accidents and breakdowns
- Assist as assigned by the Fleet In-Charge, in preparing of fleet related reports
- Ensure that all the necessary records and forms related to the assigned vehicles are properly filled and filed as required by NRC policies.
- Drive NRC vehicle on approved routes/roads as well as parking them in secure designated areas.
- Certificate of Secondary Education (CSE) or equivalent
- Driving License, Class C obtained from a certified driving school.
- Ability to chauffer Senior NRC staff and high profile visitors.
- Good language skills (English/Swahili) – Both written and spoken.
- Basic computer literacy will be an added advantage
- Minimum of 2 years’ relevant experience
- High level of integrity.
- Recommendation from previous organisations worked for.
- Having previous experience working with NGO/UN desirable but not mandatory.
- Experience working odd hours, weekends and Holidays as need arises from time to time.
- A team player
- Smart, Polite, Respectful, Flexible and Sociable
- Knowledge of basic motor vehicle mechanics
- Understanding of vehicle security
We can offer
Duty station: Kibondo
Contract period is for 12 months with possibility of extension.
Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s general directions, The candidate will observe NRC’s code of conduct and working hours for the NRC Office in Kibondo
Application deadline: 14.10.2020
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is an independent humanitarian organization helping people forced to flee.
We work in crises across more than 30 countries, providing emergencies and long-term assistance to millions of people every year. We stand up for people forced to flee, advocating their rights.
NORCAP is a global provider of expertise that contributes to solving challenges in the humanitarian, development and peace building sectors. Our ultimate goal is to strengthen the resilience, and protect the lives, rights and livelihoods of vulnerable people and communities
NRC also runs the Internal Displacement Monitoring Centre in Geneva, a global leader in reporting on and advocating for people displaced within their own country.