Requisition ID: req10845
Job Title: Procurement Officer
Sector: Supply Chain
Employment Category: Fixed Term
Employment Type: Full-Time
Open to Expatriates: No
Location: Kasulu, Tanzania
The International Rescue Committee, one of the world’s largest humanitarian agencies, provides relief, rehabilitation, and post-conflict reconstruction support to victims of natural disaster, oppression, and violent conflict in 42 countries. The IRC is committed to bold leadership, innovation, and creative partnerships. Active in public health, education, livelihoods, women’s empowerment, youth development, and protection and promotion of rights, IRC assists people from harm to home. The IRC has been working in Tanzania since early 90’s , and currently programs across five core sectors Health, Women’s Protection and Empowerment, Child and youth protection and development , Protection and rule of law and lastly Education.
Scope of Work:
IRC is looking for someone who can support Supply Chain department, the Procurement Officer who will be responsible to support procurement functions efficiently and effectively for IRC’s office. Procurement Officer will be responsible to procure Program supplies, services and equipment, whilst ensuring good practices and maintaining audit-compliant records. You will ensure that all purchases of goods and services are done transparently, at the best available price, and in compliance with IRC and donor procurement policy and procedures.
- Working closely with Supply Chain Officer, and other internal and external partners, you will effectively plan and support program implementation by:
- Collecting, organizing and analyzing data market information and data to enable effective procurement planning
- Participating in preparing and implementing procurement plans ensure they are consistent and inline IRC procurement Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
- Monitor supply market and conduct market surveys & analysis to ensure value for money in procurement.
- Responsible for implementing procurement plan and strategy and ensuring all procurement needs are met on time in line with GSC and donors’ standards, the role holder will:
- Support the development of procurement specifications
- Process approved Purchase requisitions through the procurement software (BVA) ensuring data accuracy in the system.
- Initiate and process Request for quotations (RFQ) and Request for proposals (RFP).
- Train and certify procurement committee members and participate in tender meetings and evaluations.
- Prepare bids analysis and other bidding documents for approval.
- Conduct negotiations with suppliers that is transparent and documented.
- Review procurement documents for accuracy before taking payment for approval.
- Collaborating with all departments by Coordination with finance, grants and program to ensure smooth and timely procurement
You will lead the contracting process so that the terms and conditions, and contracting procedures as provided by Global Supply Chain are followed.
To achieve this, you will:
- Prepare and executing contracts for recommended bidders
- Timely renew qualifying contracts and Master Agreements.
- Execute contracts against set performance indicators
- The role will lead supplier relationships and performance to ensure that Suppliers adhere to Service Level Agreements (SLAs), and that there is precise record keeping. This includes:-
- Maintaining suppliers’ files and documentation in line with SC Documentation SOP.
- Monitoring and documenting supplier performance
- Maintain supplier performance score cards.
Compliance and Ethics
- You will assist in identifying and analyzing compliance risk in procurement processes and in implementing donor rules & regulations for all procurements by:
- Implementing due diligence for suppliers, this includes conducting reference checks, supplier visits etc.
- Providing consistent and constructive support to other departments to ensure compliance with policies and procedures
- Identifying and reporting procurement red flags across the procurement value chain
- Implementing corrective action plans (CAPs) in response to internal and/or external audit queries
You will support timely and accurate reporting by:
- Downloading and ensure PRTS (purchase tracking template) reflects true picture to procurement performed in respective timeline.
- Supporting with developing and updating the procurement plans (assigned) as required.
- Submitting monthly list of commitments to Senior Supply Chain Officer.
- Submit periodic procurement tracking report for specific Grants that you are assigned to.
- Attend and participate in trainings identified and organized by your Manager
- Follow any new procedures and guidelines designed in circulars from Country Director
- Report any violations of the IRC Sexual Abuse and Exploitation Code of Conduct (Tanzania and Worldwide) as per the IRC Tanzania reporting mechanism.
- Assist where necessary in undertaking activities that aim to prevent the occurrence of sexual abuse and exploitation of refugees by IRC and other humanitarian workers
- Represent IRC at different meetings as will be assignedAssist in control and proper usage of
- stationery and other items relating to work
- Perform other duties as assigned by your supervisor.
- Degree in Supply Chain and Logistics Management or Equivalent Logistics related field from accredited college in Tanzania.
- Two years of work experience in supply chain operations (Procurement)
- Strong, excellent computer literacy in Microsoft Application package and ERP knowledge a plus.
- Working experience with international NGO is an added advantage
Skills and Competencies:
- Good collaborator with effective interpersonal and analytical skills
- Experience in procurement plans, strategies, market analysis techniques, procurement and contracting
- Good negotiation skills
- Excellent skills in conducting market analysis and sourcing strategies.
- Able to work effectively in a highly matrixed structure
- Excellent communications skills
The IRC staff must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way-Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.