REGULATORY ECONOMICS DIVISION
Post Title : Senior Economist
Duty Station : EWURA Head Quarters
Reports to : Principal Economist
Senior Economist will be responsible for providing support in economic regulation to the regulated sectors.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To participate in the process of coordinating and monitoring of market competition trends in view of the Regulated Sectors
- To participate in development and implementation economic models to cater for specific agendas
- To participate in monitoring of market competitiveness in the regulated sectors
- To participate in monitoring of performance of the Regulated Sectors in terms of level of investment, availability of Regulated Services, cost of services and level of efficiency in production and distribution of the required services
- To participate in tariffs/prices setting and/ or review and enforce condition to operators in the Regulated Sectors in order to institute financial discipline and efficiency
- To participate in benchmarking utilities’ performance over time with one another or peers to assess their productivity, indirect costs, return and growth, utility staffing, funding from development partners
- To effectively supervise and guide members of staff reporting on the job.
- To undertake any other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
Academic Qualifications and Experience
The ideal candidate for this position should have the following qualifications and experience:
- Possession of Bachelor Degree in Economics from a recognized Higher Learning Institution;
- Knowledge and Competence in Information and Communications Technology.
- Possession of Not less than five (5) years work experience in the relevant field.
In addition to the above skills and qualifications, applicants for the above positions are required to have the following attributes:
- A very high level of integrity, honesty and sense of responsibility;
- Ability to work under pressure and produce expected results;
- Ability to work in a dynamic team;
- Ability to self-manage, achieve results and meet deadlines; and
- Willingness to work beyond the call of duty.
Tenure and Remuneration
- A competitive salary will be offered to the right candidates for the posts.
- EWURA is an equal opportunity employer.
- Staff will be employed on permanent and pensionable terms.
Mode of Application
Application letter with Curriculum Vitae (CV) including e-mail address or daytime contact telephone number, together with photocopies of certificates, one passport size photo and names and contacts of three referees should be addressed to reach the under-mentioned by 23rd October, 2020.
Only short listed candidate meeting the above criteria will be invited for interview. Lobbying and canvassing for employment will not be entertained and may work to the candidate’s disadvantage.
Application letter should be addressed to:
The Director General,
Energy and Water Utilities Regulatory Authority (EWURA), EWURA House,
Plot No 3, Block AD, Medeli West,
P O Box 2857,
NB: All applications that shall not be channeled through the above postal and email addresses shall not be considered.