Dar es salaam ,
Work Experience:5+ years
- Monitor inbound and outbound shipment processing and ensure clearance is smooth and rapid.
- Coordinate Declarants to ensure proper assessments, lodgement, and billing and recovery of all shipments
- Liaise with customers where paperwork and authorities are required from them to expedite clearance of their shipments.
- Deploy applications as per Customs standards.
- Supervise the responsibilities for all Customs clearance services.
- Ensure the levels of pre-clearance/pre-release of shipments is maximised
- Ensure timely payment and recording of customs duties / taxes.
- Timely report issues to be raised to the higher level to get the appropriate support.
- Comply with all company policies and procedures, including those in relation to health, safety, environment and community.
- Coordinate regular contact with customers in relation to held shipments.
- Support the manager with the practical experience and knowledge in daily activities.
- Liaise with customs officials on specific duties payable and problem shipments.
- Follow up on all customer enquiries and provide quality feedback to customer service on service incidents when need arises
- 5+ years of experience in related area of responsibility.
- Matter expert in service, operations, or support area of responsibility
- Diploma in Procurement & Supply, Customs or Logistics & Transportation from recognized education institution.
- TRA Customs Clearance Certificate is an added advantage.
- Good understanding of Customs Clearance & Brokage processes.
- Good communication skills, both oral and written in English and Swahili